Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Cattle

Jose;

Hey "Poopy Pants", by leaving gates open and pulling staples on "Your Public Land", do you really think that is going to solve a damn thing? Damn you are ignorant sometimes! For the record, so everyone knows this, I do think that some ranchers abuse their grazing permits, but there are some good ones too. Jose, if you are so worried about using your public ground and it being ruined by a few head of cattle and messing up your hunting, then why not get off of your lazy ass and go buy some of your own land like others have done and the headache will go away? Wouldn't that solve your problems?

Not to bust up the intelligent discourse, but to weigh in on the original question by idelkhntr...

I was driving into the area I think is going to be my #1 spot come opening morning only to see about 20-30 head of cattle lazing in the early evening. My heart sank because I've not had good experience with elk and cattle mixing in the past. Less than 2 minutes later, one small herd of elk were trotting on my left. Another small herd spooked about 1 minute further down the road.

The difference to me is that AZ (or at least my unit) has WAY more feed and water than normal. I did go to another spot, where I've seen a lot of bulls in the past - the cattle were locked in and the area had been overgrazed. Not a fresh dropping, track or rub in sight.

Carry on. ;)

Back