Yeti GOBOX Collection

Can't Wait!

Fatrack

i'm sittin here in my office, pretending to work, but really just getting more and more excited about my upcoming hunt, that officially starts TOMORROW!! We're hittin the road early and about 14 hrs later, we'll be rolling into northern New Mexico where three of us will be chasing around mule deer with stick and string for a week, I can't wait. The area we are hunting is getting pounded with snow right now, I'm not really sure if it going to help us or hurt us, either way I don't care it is going to be awesome and sure to be an adventure!

I think I am going to have internet service where we are staying, if it all works out, I'll try to post pics and details throughout the hunt.

Keep us updated. Good luck and travel safe. Hopefully this mess of a storm will clear and the roads will be good for your travels.

It's going to be an adventure getting down there, but I'll bet the hunting will be good when you do. Good luck.

I believe this is the kind of weather people pray for when hunting that area. Should be a blast.

Good Luck this snow should push down the rest of those big buck still hanging out on the mesas. Where are ya hunting? the Chama and Carracas area should be getting about 2ft+ this storm! Dont forget the tire chains!!! Good LUCK!! Stay Warm

Good luck. And even if you don't score, take lots of pictures and share your Adventure with us here !!!

Nice to meet you out there in the hills Kyle. Hope you guys are able to find those big ones this week. I didn't see anything too exciting Sunday afternoon. Good luck!

hey Adam...good to meet you as well. I hope your hunt turned out for you. If you are still hunting give me a call or send me a PM...I can tell you what we saw and where.

hey guys...well got back to bozeman on Sunday after a long and cold hunt in NM. First off, the 14 hr drive down actually became 17 hrs due to the weather and road conditions, got in to camp at 3am and was back up at 6am ready to hit it for opening day. The first morning of the hunt, as we were driving out to the spot, the thermometer on the truck actually froze when it hit -25F...it stayed on -25F all day, even though it probably warmed up to a balmy -10 that day. Did i mention it was cold? Well it was....all week!

to sum it up, it was an adventure....and a fun hunt. we saw hundreds of deer...unfortunately about 95% of them were does! Spent A LOT of time hiking in to glassing spots and spending hours behind the swaros!

they have a serious doe problem down in that area....should open up a late rifle hunt! in my opinion.

of the bucks that we saw a lot of them were young...like these guysP1031986.jpg

P1031992.jpg

P1031996.jpg

P1031998.jpg

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back