MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Can't find a HOWA!!

the nikster

Folks,

In addition to my rifle build I have decided to purchase a Howa. Stainless in 7MM Rem Mag. Not too particular if it's green or black.
BUT I CAN"T FIND ONE! 3 dealers in Idaho Falls but no-one has one. Sportsman's says they are not even ordering firearms for a while.

Any Ideas where I might find one?

Nick

GunBroker.com has already been mentioned, I'd also check with Buds Gun Shop.com and Grab A Gun.com I've bought from all three and never had any problems. Some stores and/or models are getting pretty picked over right now. Good luck.

Buds is out of em...
grabagun doesn't have em...
Still a couple on gunbroker. Man, that scares me (Buying online). Is it REALLY safe? I suppose they ship to my father-in law (FFL)?

I tapped BF for some information on the firearms. Got the answer I expected and hoped for.
I think I found one in Ennis-that's a drive-how bad do I want it I guess is the question.

Just ordered and received a Savage .243 from Woodburys.com, they had lots of stock when i ordered but were selling a buttload of guns every day, might try them. Shipped to my local FFL dealer, no problems, had it it about 10 days.

I'm haveing the same issue trying to find a Kimber Montana... there are none, I mean NONE in 308 or 7-08 listed on the net. I've been looking for weeks.

I've bought lots of rifles on-line, usually through classified sections on hunting forums. Never had a problem, and sometimes have ended up with free-bees in the deal.

The shop in Ennis, will ship... I bought a pile of guns from them over the years, usually at the counter, but they had one I needed before I could get down there, paid for it and they shipped it up.

I'm haveing the same issue trying to find a Kimber Montana... there are none, I mean NONE in 308 or 7-08 listed on the net. I've been looking for weeks.

I've bought lots of rifles on-line, usually through classified sections on hunting forums. Never had a problem, and sometimes have ended up with free-bees in the deal.

The shop in Ennis, will ship... I bought a pile of guns from them over the years, usually at the counter, but they had one I needed before I could get down there, paid for it and they shipped it up.

I was in the same boat on the Montana 308 about a month ago. I was told by every dealer at least 6 months if not a year. I finally said screw it and placed the order and had a brand new one in 2 weeks. I think the dealer got two others with mine, want me to check and see if they're still there?

Buds is out of em...
grabagun doesn't have em...
Still a couple on gunbroker. Man, that scares me (Buying online). Is it REALLY safe? I suppose they ship to my father-in law (FFL)?

I tapped BF for some information on the firearms. Got the answer I expected and hoped for.
I think I found one in Ennis-that's a drive-how bad do I want it I guess is the question.

I've bought a couple of guns online. Never had a problem. Long gun took a week. Handgun was in to my FFL before the 72 hour waiting period was over :cool:. I would have no problem buying online again IF I could not get what I wanted from my local guy. Fortunately, all I am looking for now is a fairly inexpensive synthetic stock rifle in .308 or 30'06. My FFL claims to be able to get those in from various manufacturers without too much difficulty. Believe in supporting the local guy, so I'll give him a shot before I go to the web for it. Looks like my elk hunt this year is on hold, so I've got time on my side.

I was in the same boat on the Montana 308 about a month ago. I was told by every dealer at least 6 months if not a year. I finally said screw it and placed the order and had a brand new one in 2 weeks. I think the dealer got two others with mine, want me to check and see if they're still there?

Thanks for the offer. I found and bought one last night in 308.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back