Cabelas in deep doo-doo

Urban spraw could be managed better if a developer cared about hunting
Or that all game animals species dealt with humans the same. It's been reported mule deer differ from whitetails in their use of habitat within proximity to humans. Whitetails will use habitat that mule deer won't just due to the presence of humans or their structures.

You win....enough already.....

Tom after reading your last post....I just plain fuggin concede!

Reagan-hittin-head-ani.gif

Dang followers! That's what's wrong with this country. Everyone wants to follow, no one wants to lead or win. Heck, even if I win at something as trivial as checkers I'm bragging it up and talking smack. Gotta keep that John Wayne swagger... :D 'Course he did walk a bit 'girly' at times.

Its not about winning or conceeding, its about how you play the game. What did he conceed anyway? He's still pounding the head there, it was just a temporary fake conceed, that was my take. He's a pretty suttle guy it seems like. He probably wanted to do something more productive for a while than post back and forth on shooting safety. I'm just guessing, I don't know.

"Marv, here we can stand next to a building or even in a building and shoot out from it and it can be a safe shot. Pretty amazing, eh? " -Tom

Tom,
Put down the banjo and back away from the shootin-irons before someone gets kilt!

Good find Miller. That one's gonna be a tough price to match. Cabela's rationale for brokering is about what I expected...weak.

I think it would be neat if Cabela's worked with some wildlife biologists to put some good wildlife management requirements on the deeds to those pieces of property, if they haven't done that already. Some guy stated they thought the sportsman buyers would make that one piece of property better, so that is good. You would think people at Cabela's have some wildlife management experience and insight, if anybody does in private business, right? Here the state, i.e. TX, works with private landowners for effective wildlife management plans, whoever they are. We have a special wildlife management tax exemption. TPWD has general plans for each ecological region of the state, will help make specific plans for each landowner and has workshops on this in our big cities, even. Searching on "wildlife tax exemption" at their web page brings up a lot of info. on it.
For example,
Texas Parks and Wildlife Department receives federal financial assistance from the
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964,
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title II of the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Title IX of the
Education Amendments of 1972, the U.S. Department of the Interior and its
bureaus prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability
or sex (in educational programs). If you believe that you have been discriminated
against in any Texas Parks and Wildlife Department program, activity or
facility, or if you desire further information, please call or write: The U.S. Fish and
Wildlife Service, Office for Diversity and Civil Rights Programs - External
Programs, ... www.tpwd.state.tx.us
PWD BR W7000-1121 (9/05)
Help Available to Landowners
TPWD Wildlife
District Offices
If you need assistance with the process of filing
the necessary forms, contact the local office of
your county’s Central Appraisal District. If you
need assistance with the appropriate practices
and wish technical assistance, contact your local
TPWD office. Refer to the map in this brochure
to locate the District Office closest to you.
Technical and
Financial
Assistance
Technical and
financial assistance
is available from the
following agencies:
Texas Parks and Wildlife
Department (TPWD) Upon written
request by the landowner,TPWD offers free,
confidential technical assistance to help landowners
meet their wildlife management goals. For information
on wildlife habitat requirements and
management, consult the TPWD Web site at
www.tpwd.state.tx.us/landwater/
U.S.D.A. Natural Resources Conservation
Service (NRCS) offers free technical guidance and
planning assistance to landowners. Financial assistance
is available through Farm Bill Programs
administered by NRCS.To find your local office,
check the phone book under U.S. Department of
Agriculture or at www.tx.nrcs.usda.gov
Texas Cooperative Extension offers practical,
how-to information based on university research.
Natural resource information is at
http://texnat.tamu.edu
http://wildlife.tamu.edu and
http://texasextension.tamu.edu
TEXAS PARKS AND WILDLIFE
Using Wildlife
Management as
a Qualifying
Agricultural Practice
a cut and paste

Does Montana have something like that?

Caribou Gear