Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Bundy next chapter

Other cattle producers lease Federal grazing and got no trouble paying for that. Timber companies lease Federal land for wood and they also pay for that service. Any of we US citizens could even secure 100 year lease for a cabin up somewhere way the hell out there on Federal land. My point is that this is land held in collective ownership. The use of such land for personal gain is not a right, but rather at cost to all the rest of us. Anyone who uses Federal land without compensating us IS STEALING FROM US! I view the Bundy jerks as thieves.

Too bad the ISP officers didn't happen to bump into that door frame, with his head, while they were carrying him out.

I don't get why he's even up here involved with ID state politics, isn't he a resident of UT? Go back to your hole, Bundy, and take your stupid hat with you.

Too bad the ISP officers didn't happen to bump into that door frame, with his head, while they were carrying him out.

I don't get why he's even up here involved with ID state politics, isn't he a resident of UT? Go back to your hole, Bundy, and take your stupid hat with you.

Ammon lives in Emmett.

He tends to pick his fights in places where he's liable to find plenty of like minded people. I guess he needs a few other whackjobs around so it's not so obvious what a turd in the punch bowl he is.

Other cattle producers lease Federal grazing and got no trouble paying for that. Timber companies lease Federal land for wood and they also pay for that service. Any of we US citizens could even secure 100 year lease for a cabin up somewhere way the hell out there on Federal land. My point is that this is land held in collective ownership. The use of such land for personal gain is not a right, but rather at cost to all the rest of us. Anyone who uses Federal land without compensating us IS STEALING FROM US! I view the Bundy jerks as thieves.
They don't recognize public ground. Many of the ranchers in this area won't even use the terms (public ground) and (private ground).
They say that they own (deeded ground) and (un deeded ground).
For instance some ranches I have permission to cross their deeded ground but can only hunt their undeeded ground.
They truly believe they own it all.
Depending on how we vote in the future they just might!

Cops should Tase his a$$ until the battery dies on his taser.

In light of the discussions our society is having on topics of race,

Fair questions and thoughtful commentary on the status quo in our society.

However, one miscarriage of justice makes a poor commentary on another. Comparing two objects that are broken doesn't tell you what either one would look like if it were whole. The clown show after the refuge takeover at Malheur was a huge embarrassment to our justice system. That it lasted as long as it did and that the prosecution couldn't get a conviction still baffles me. But if you want to talk about "kid glove treatment and tacit legislative support," ask Matthew about the BLM-driven nonsense within a few miles of where he lives. Lots of black and brown folks (and white folks) being allowed to break the laws there without consequence because they are "protesting injustice." I think both extremes are getting away with it, in part, because there are so many cell phones and social media that law enforcement has to be more worried about public relations than seeking justice. We need to get back to the rule of law, but I'm afraid there is little desire for that in our county anymore.

There are very few people in this world who actually want justice. Most people want the most they can get for themselves, and that is what they call justice.

QQ

They don't recognize public ground. Many of the ranchers in this area won't even use the terms (public ground) and (private ground).
For instance some ranches I have permission to cross their deeded ground but can only hunt their undeeded ground.
True story- I was once offered “access” to such deeded property in AZ. The ranch manager maintained salt licks on the deeded grazing area and showed me pics of deer on those mineral sites. Offered me coordinates for a price which I declined. Notified AZGFD instead.

Fair questions and thoughtful commentary on the status quo in our society.

However, one miscarriage of justice makes a poor commentary on another. Comparing two objects that are broken doesn't tell you what either one would look like if it were whole. The clown show after the refuge takeover at Malheur was a huge embarrassment to our justice system. That it lasted as long as it did and that the prosecution couldn't get a conviction still baffles me. But if you want to talk about "kid glove treatment and tacit legislative support," ask Matthew about the BLM-driven nonsense within a few miles of where he lives. Lots of black and brown folks (and white folks) being allowed to break the laws there without consequence because they are "protesting injustice." I think both extremes are getting away with it, in part, because there are so many cell phones and social media that law enforcement has to be more worried about public relations than seeking justice. We need to get back to the rule of law, but I'm afraid there is little desire for that in our county anymore.

There are very few people in this world who actually want justice. Most people want the most they can get for themselves, and that is what they call justice.

QQ

I agree with that. One miscarriage of justice does make a poor commentary on another. As does selective prosecution and selective public outrage of folks who are committing those acts.

Maybe I did a bad job of making my point. My point was that I didn't see a big outcry for justice when it was the Bundys and friends vandalizing government property, a wildlife refuge. Rather, some of my state legislators and legislators from other western states, traveled to the scene of the Bundy events to show support for them. Those from my state even asked the Bundy's to come to Montana and promote their cause.

Then the POTUS pardons the two poaching arsonists who the Bundy's were supposedly protesting on behalf of. I have a suspicion the vandalizing rioting criminals who are destroying property in Portland don't have much hope of a POTUS pardon. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty comfortable in that assessment.

I was pointing out, at least in what I've observed, that the cries of vandalism today against folks who are rioting and damaging property are plentiful, and that should be criticized; such rioting and damage should not be tolerated under any circumstance. Yet, when the same kind of property damage and threats to peoples lives were made by some heavily armed dudes, not only were the cries of vandalism absent, there was a ton of support for those folks. Maybe my sense of irony is too worn out.

Both examples are unacceptable in my mind. Both should be prosecuted fully and restitution should be paid to those whose property is damaged. Across the platforms I participate in, when Bundys were doing the damage, supposedly in the name of protesting government mistreatment of citizens, there weren't many people asking for those dudes to go to jail. Now, my feeds are filled with people who were cheering the Bundy's and now many of those same folks are asking for the heads of today's rioters.

I would like to see full prosecution and administration of the law in both instances. Selectivity erodes our confidence in the system.

Any rancher that thinks that they are going to be able to purchase even modest tracts of public land after a transfer is a fool. Texas oil men and California celebrities will bid those tracts beyond their budget so fast they will have whiplash.

Any rancher that thinks that they are going to be able to purchase even modest tracts of public land after a transfer is a fool. Texas oil men and California celebrities will bid those tracts beyond their budget so fast they will have whiplash.
Their plan is that the same politicians who decide to sell it also award it at a set price to the current lease holder's.
While that could happen I tend to agree with you. You can also add foreign entities to your list.

I agree with that. One miscarriage of justice does make a poor commentary on another. As does selective prosecution and selective public outrage of folks who are committing those acts.

Maybe I did a bad job of making my point. My point was that I didn't see a big outcry for justice when it was the Bundys and friends vandalizing government property, a wildlife refuge. Rather, some of my state legislators and legislators from other western states, traveled to the scene of the Bundy events to show support for them. Those from my state even asked the Bundy's to come to Montana and promote their cause.

Then the POTUS pardons the two poaching arsonists who the Bundy's were supposedly protesting on behalf of. I have a suspicion the vandalizing rioting criminals who are destroying property in Portland don't have much hope of a POTUS pardon. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty comfortable in that assessment.

I was pointing out, at least in what I've observed, that the cries of vandalism today against folks who are rioting and damaging property are plentiful, and that should be criticized; such rioting and damage should not be tolerated under any circumstance. Yet, when the same kind of property damage and threats to peoples lives were made by some heavily armed dudes, not only were the cries of vandalism absent, there was a ton of support for those folks. Maybe my sense of irony is too worn out.

Both examples are unacceptable in my mind. Both should be prosecuted fully and restitution should be paid to those whose property is damaged. Across the platforms I participate in, when Bundys were doing the damage, supposedly in the name of protesting government mistreatment of citizens, there weren't many people asking for those dudes to go to jail. Now, my feeds are filled with people who were cheering the Bundy's and now many of those same folks are asking for the heads of today's rioters.

I would like to see full prosecution and administration of the law in both instances. Selectivity erodes our confidence in the system.

I think you and I agree pretty well. Selectivity doesn't just erode our confidence; it erodes the system itself.

Part of the disconnect you describe is a result of the weird place the issues of public lands hold in American society. As a broad generalization, hunters tend to align with the conservative/Republican/right-wing in American politics. Anti-hunters tend to be those bleeding heart liberal/Democrat/left-wing whackadoodles. Yes, it's a broad generalization, but everybody knows what I'm saying. The thing is that the broader conservative/right-wing/constitutional faction (ie, the Bundy's and their type) is anti-public land, so on this one issue hunters tend to split with the right-wingers. When you wrote "across the platforms I participate in," you're seeing that broader right-wing influence that is conservative, pro-2nd Amendment, generally pro-hunting, etc., but not pro-public lands (or they haven't recognized their conflict yet). Thus, protecting public lands for hunting has kind of become a liberal position in an otherwise conservative world.

When you say you didn't hear people opposing the Bundy's during their occupation of the refuge, you were listening to the wrong people. There were plenty calling for their heads. It was just a different set of people than the right-wing groups that we usually associate with firearms and hunting. And, ironically, it was a lot of people that will now support the rioting and looting in Portland. Yes, it's a mixed up world.

QQ

Anti-hunters tend to be those bleeding heart liberal/Democrat/left-wing whackadoodles. Yes, it's a broad generalization, but everybody knows what I'm saying. The thing is that the broader self serving conservative/right-wing/ pocket constitutional interpreters (ie, the Bundy's and their whackadoodle type) is anti-public land, so on this one issue hunters tend to split with the right-wingers.

QQ

You can even that shit out

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back