Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Brownlee catfish

Brittany Chukarman

I've never had catfishing like we're having this year. Even on the crappie trips where I anchor on a school, if we put out catfish lines we catch them. These 3 were caught on Saturday's trip. These are bigger than we usually get. This season we've brought in 6 in this size range of 10-13lbs. Most go 3-7lbs and most trips we get at least 1 in the 6-7lb range.
We started a Brownlee Charters facebook page that we try to keep current as time & energy allow. Anyone coming over can contact us and we'll help all we can.

Attachments

• 1-IMG_1381.jpg
    1-IMG_1381.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 298
  • 2-IMG_1382.jpg
    2-IMG_1382.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 307
  • 3-IMG_1384.jpg
    3-IMG_1384.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 298
Super! One of these years I'm flying the family out to fish with you...

...and to sell my wife on a relocation! :D

Do they fight like a trout or more like a crappie? We used to catch channel catfish in Missouri ponds and a 4 pounder channel cat fought better and longer than a largemouth bass, pound for pound. Of course, a snapping turtle was a chore to get to the side of the boat, especially if they had time to dig into the mud. Now I am hungry for some fresh fried catfish and cornbread!

They're good strong fighters. They don't have the speed of a trout. The bigger ones rip some drag when they see the boat.

The crappie are still pretty small but growing fast. The better ones are thicker and round up right behind the head. If you're selective and a good filleter you can can get a nice mess for a fish fry. I haven't targeted perch but we are catching some on jigs and catfish rigs. They are in real good shape now,nice and thick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back