Breaks

For those of you who hunt in the breaks, we went up this weekend to see what burned to prepare for the opener and I thought I would share some pictures.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Good luck up there. I won't be there this year. Looks like the river has come down some this year.

Uh-oh...the breaks burned! There are no more animals left up there so no one needs to head up there this fall hunting! Stay home where you belong! LOL :D

Interesting. Do you mind sharing what area of the breaks burned? I'll be out there three days before opener scouting and looking for the elk. I'm sure all the animals are gone!!!

The area I have pictures of is east of Carl's camp road. It burned almost all the way to Horsecamp. The good news was it appeared to have left most of the trees. The bottoms have indeed come back out but only a certain amount of it would be huntable. The more east you go the more recently they've come out of the water. The fire I have pictures of is north of the river. I haven't looked on inciweb to see where it is. And we didn't see an elk while we were there, lol.

It'll be really interesting to see what that looks like with some fall rains. It doesn't look that it burnt that terribly hot, so it should green up fast with some moisture and cooler temps.

It is really dry up there, though not as bad as here in MIles City. Most of the ponds that were full or more last year are alomst empty now. Surprsingly in the burned area where there was some moisture there is nice green grass coming up. Might have to break out the Ninja suit if I want to hunt the burn, lol. Good luck to everyone this year!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back