Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

Everyone wants to move to Montana but once here everyone wants to be the last one.

My neighbor told me the greatest separation of wealth in my generation (millennial) and younger is going to be who bought a house before 2020. Hope he’s wrong.
I bought a condo in 2020, my neighbor paid 20k less than me, he bought 2 months before me. My other neighbor bought 3 months after me and paid 35k more.

Just a thought from small town Wyoming. We have seen big rise in new comers to our town. But it might be the cause of greed from some of the resident big land owners sub divide the land, make that new subdivision, then sell each lot for well over thousands. Might not be worth anything for grazing cattle but it has that mountain view all non-residents want and the escape of the politics and crowds they're trying to escape from. Just don't bring that crap with you when you move, we still like to sit on the porch and watch the sunset and have a whisky or three. Still help our neighbors when help is needed. Still say hello to each other and hold the door open for others. And still walk in to the convenient store with a gun on our hip. If any of that bothers you enjoy your vacation take lots of nice pictures to show your friends how Wyoming is like stepping back 100 years in time. We love it that way don't try to change it and move on. Just my thoughts

Town and Country on 19th. A landmark surrounded by 'Merica. Soon to be replaced. It's a sad day.
I truly want a bumper sticker that says "Bozeman was"
Funny side story....there used to be a car lot where Autozone is currently. I pulled in to look at trucks driving a Nissan Frontier with an awful factory paint job, some swirly 80's collage. Got to talking with the salesman who was an old rodeo guy.
Dex Tank....anybody remember him? Ole Dex took one look at that butt ugly Nissan and asked me " so, are you ready for a real truck?" That got me sputtering, and he and I went back and forth. Guy was a classic.
No point really. Times have changed.

Town and Country on 19th. A landmark surrounded by 'Merica. Soon to be replaced. It's a sad day.
Funny side story....there used to be a car lot where Autozone is currently. I pulled in to look at trucks driving a Nissan Frontier with an awful factory paint job, some swirly 80's collage. Got to talking with the salesman who was an old rodeo guy.
Dex Tank....anybody remember him? Ole Dex took one look at that butt ugly Nissan and asked me " so, are you ready for a real truck?" That got me sputtering, and he and I went back and forth. Guy was a classic.
Cool story Hem.

“A nostalgic lyric it’s best when paired with a minor chord”

-Don Richmond

You’re talking about place I’ve lived within 1 minute walk of since 1999. Very very bummed T&C is moving - but I do like autozone there now.

Do you know what they’re replacing it with?

Dex is a classic character! He moved from selling real trucks to his own Valley Trailer Sales business on Jack Rabbit Lane south of Belgrade. I think he is about to retire and sell the trailer sales business. His most notable story is somewhat sad, as he suffered a terrible motorcycle accident on Jack Rabbit and has been walking with one prosthetic leg for the past few decades.
Even one-legged, Dex could sell a trailer to someone who didn't even own something to pull it with! :D

Dex is a classic character! He moved from selling real trucks to his own Valley Trailer Sales business on Jack Rabbit Lane south of Belgrade. I think he is about to retire and sell the trailer sales business. His most notable story is somewhat sad, as he suffered a terrible motorcycle accident on Jack Rabbit and has been walking with one prosthetic leg for the past few decades.
Even one-legged, Dex could sell a trailer to someone who didn't even own something to pull it with! :D
I knew most of the above, didn't know he was still selling trailers. Glad he is still kicking.😉

You're becoming quite the dip shit, Kurt. Guess the king holds his privileges with yourself, the pauper 🤣

Man I forgot all about that! I lost a nut on my skateboard truck and went across the street to ask them mechanics if they had something that would fit. Guys were super cool to this punk skater kid and had me back rolling in minutes. Many years later i learned how to do masonry on that autozone with Stearn’s… helped with the cinderblock building and the bricks!

It will be interesting to see if SCOTUS upholds the 9th circuit ruling that determined it violates the 8th amendment (cruel and unusual punishment) to ticket homeless people for sleeping outside. This article makes it seem they will overturn that ruling, at which point I would expect Bozeman to crack down on the homeless.

I’ve thought about it… hahahaha if you can’t beat em join em 😂😂

The money I spend on rent could buy me a real nice camper and a real nice truck to pull it too! Just bounce around campsites near town (not in town 😅) every 15 days and save a ton of dough!

Of course my wife and kids ain’t going for it and I understand. Just keep paying double what my dad and his wife’s mortgage is…

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back