MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

There are those and then also the ones who are oblivious to any other traffic being even near the roundabout and enter speeding with eyes straight ahead and tires gripping like it's a raceway turn! "Right-of-way" to them means it's their right to get in your way! :mad:
Alot of transplants from urban areas always in a hurry because that's all they know.

Link below to another story of Bozeman idiots driving motorized vehicle far up clearly marked popular trail used for hiking, skiing, mountain biking, but NOT for motorized vehicles, including electric bikes. These nimrods got stuck and called SAR, partly because they assumed it was still summer and did not have appropriate cold weather wear or equipment to take care of their own mess! It does not specify what type of stuck vehicle, but one of my peeves is the recent uptick in large-tired mud bogger trucks churning up and down some of the infrequently unmaintained county roads. IMO, trail and road damage should elicit huge fines and repair charges.

I wish:

SAR message: "Your motorized four wheeler is stuck far up which non-motorized trail and you are stranded without adequate winter clothing, water, food, shelter or extraction assistance?

Trail abusing Nimrod: "We are several miles up Bozeman public water system watershed drainage Sourdough Creek, we're really stuck and we need help!"

SAR response: "Roger, GOOD LUCK!"

I’m impressed that the roundabouts here work as smoothly as they do. When they started putting them in I figured it’d be chaos.

There are those and then also the ones who are oblivious to any other traffic being even near the roundabout and enter speeding with eyes straight ahead and tires gripping like it's a raceway turn! "Right-of-way" to them means it's their right to get in your way! :mad:
It's all about them. No self-awareness. I rest my case.

Two undeniable things about Bozeman:

Bozeman brought a lot of people here because of what Bozeman is.

Bozeman sent a lot of people away because of what Bozeman has become.

I like the part about sending people away…

Haven't read much of the 37 pages, but will say one thing I observed about the Bozeman area during the last Presidential election, it had the least number of crazy political signs of almost anywhere I had travelled.

For about 20 years our family has had a place in Bozeman, able to buy back when it was pretty darn affordable. I have always loved the independent hearts and minds who didn't blindly follow and deify a politician or political party.

Hopefully there is still enough of that, under the surface of the shouting extremists on either side, to make a strong comeback.

Michigan drivers are insane on 47 different levels but I'll take that over whatever happened on Ferguson Street.

Pshaw. We’re Montanans. We adapt and overcome. Baxter has a new two lane roundabout. Makes it easy to shoot the center and you can almost get through the intersection in a straight line.

Welcome to Montana!

The comment they included for their #2 town Deer Lodge 😂

"The 'grades' for Deer Lodge on this site are laughable. Overall a rundown town, terrible public schools, and very limited options for shopping and food, which is expected of a small town, but come on Deer Lodge — you can do better. The only thing this town has going for it is the beautiful mountain range and surrounding forests."

And that guy was estimated to be going seventy as he cut me off and "shot" through that intersection! Hey folks, roundabouts have reduced speed limits.

Sometimes you gotta hit the gas to avoid hitting folks who insist on maintaining their lane. Locals can be so stubborn. 😁

Sometimes you gotta hit the gas to avoid hitting folks who insist on maintaining their lane. Locals can be so stubborn. 😁
No, it's apparent that Right-of-Way rules are no longer taught in drivers education, so I slow and give all other drivers the right-of-way. It's no longer Defensive Driving ... it's survival motoring! Especially since it's been determined that 78% of Bozeman vehicles have inoperative turn signals and that most popular practice turning left is to turn over onto the outside lane ... regardless of others already in that lane. However, that's understandable since it's so difficult to keep track of your lane when responding to an important smart phone text about the night's upcoming celebration of whatever!

No, it's apparent that Right-of-Way rules are no longer taught in drivers education, so I slow and give all other drivers the right-of-way. It's no longer Defensive Driving ... it's survival motoring! Especially since it's been determined that 78% of Bozeman vehicles have inoperative turn signals and that most popular practice turning left is to turn over onto the outside lane ... regardless of others already in that lane. However, that's understandable since it's so difficult to keep track of your lane when responding to an important smart phone text about the night's upcoming celebration of whatever!
Give a little love tap.
Or shove.
1705078824346.png

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back