Caribou Gear

Bowmars to change plea tomorrow?

I’m with ya. Didn’t know them before. Won’t now. I just hope they stay the hell outta Nebraska. We got enough idiots, don’t need any more.

I want to agree with this, but the problem is that, like it or not, people like this with huge online presences represent our sport to the general public, lawmakers, etc. So unless we want to be in the same regulatory pool as them... it's kind of incumbent on us as responsible hunters to push back against these frauds and those who defend them.

Any legitimacy to the rumor they are in final negotiations to buy PSE?

Yep- "Poaching Stuff Everyday"

That’s really weird. I do not understand why the Rokslide fourm protects the Bowmars so much.

It's not hard to imagine how Robby Dennng and the plastic Bowmars would share industry friends and money sources.

If I was in a good circle jerk, I'd delete posts to protect my jerkers so that I didn't get kicked out of the circle.

He is probably one of the guys believing the Bowmar spin that the conspiracy plea is no biggie compared to the full package of original charges.

It's not hard to imagine how Robby Dennng and the plastic Bowmars would share industry friends and money sources.
you don’t love gear reviews from people that get paid to use said product or at the minimum got the product for free?

I think you hit the nail on the head with the deletions over there, it’s hard to bite the hand that feeds or upset potential sponsors and partners

If I was in a good circle jerk, I'd delete posts to protect my jerkers so that I didn't get kicked out of the circle.

He is probably one of the guys believing the Bowmar spin that the conspiracy plea is no biggie compared to the full package of original charges.

Robby is a legit good guy as are a number of the admins over there. I 100% feel like they're just sick and tired of all of the dumpster fire arguing threads over there, and I'm sure there's an element of sponsors getting pulled in too. Unfortunately, there's still just a ton of BS on RS and it makes it not as fun as it used to be.

This is incorrect. In order to be convicted of conspiracy there must be proof of overt acts to further the conspiracy.
JLS is right. conspiracy is much more than sending a text message that says “we should do some crimes”.

When they take down drug or human trafficking rings, conspiracy is what they charge the leaders with and those people go away for a long time.

All baiting, poaching, and Lacey act charges dismissed, plead guilty to conspiracy.
And in real word speak, this means there was a pretty high likelihood of convictions in most or all counts, and the conspiracy charges were a slam dunk.

It’s common in cases like this because the conspiracy charges can carry the same penalty as the underlying violation. It saves the prolonged legal process and is essentially waving eh white flag. Thinking “it’s just conspiracy” is missing the huge underlying picture.

Robby D . Just had a talk with him last week. Didn't go that well. He's a sissy. I don't like how you talk so I'm going to tell you how to talk and if you don't like it then leave .was the jist of it. Bomar is crap. Hope they get the book.
LMAO. I’ve made like 20 posts on RS in about 7 years and one of them was a comment about how anybody that would sell the coordinates of a game animal is a shithead. Unbeknownst to me, that was his thing to do. He jumped all over that comment. You’d think I told him his wife was fat and all his deer are small. What a tantrum that was. He didn’t ban me but claimed that I was banned.

I’d love to hear what @EYJONAS! thinks a “nose button” is.

LMAO. I’ve made like 20 posts on RS in about 7 years and one of them was a comment about how anybody that would sell the coordinates of a game animal is a shithead. Unbeknownst to me, that was his thing to do. He jumped all over that comment. You’d think I told him his wife was fat and all his deer are small. What a tantrum that was. He didn’t ban me but claimed that I was banned.
Well aren't you lucky you didn't get the ban . Something similar on my end . But in the end I was a dick and let him know how I felt. But in the end I'm back here at hunttalk where things aren't so much of a shit show. Or more my kind of shit show .

And in real word speak, this means there was a pretty high likelihood of convictions in most or all counts, and the conspiracy charges were a slam dunk.

It’s common in cases like this because the conspiracy charges can carry the same penalty as the underlying violation. It saves the prolonged legal process and is essentially waving eh white flag. Thinking “it’s just conspiracy” is missing the huge underlying picture.

5 years, a ton of money spent, and they dropped the charges. That doesn't paint a picture of confidence in the case.

5 years, a ton of money spent, and they dropped the charges. That doesn't paint a picture of confidence in the case.
Guess it depends on which angle you’re looking at it from. A conviction for conspiracy is, in real world context pretty similar to a conviction for the underlying crime.

More like, we have the conspiracy nailed down, we don’t need to go the time and effort for the rest

I don’t care what anyone thinks about the Bowmars, and all of this is completely independent of my thoughts on them. Minimizing a conspiracy conviction is a little disingenuous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back