Yeti GOBOX Collection

boring turkey

JCS

I absolutely love to turkey hunt but I can hardly watch it on tv and am not much into it around here. So, this will be my last turkey post until next year. Because I dont have any tags left.

Left the house at 5am this morning. Drove several miles to my destination. When I got there, a pick-up was parked where I usually go. Gotta love public land. On to plan B. I have hunted in the same general area for 25 years or so and knew there would be some turkeys else where. Started hiking around 7am. After 2 miles of walking and calling I finally got an answer. There were 6 gobblers and 15 hens. I put the sneak on and got within 100 yards of them. After some fancy hen calling I got a tom in at 10 yards and let him have it with the 12ga.

Walking back to the truck I heard another gobble. Crawled thru the brush and cactus(have to have cactus in the knees or it isnt hunting) got to 50 yards of 4 gobblers and let out a lonesome hen call and here comes a jake. Boom. Game over for another year. The jake will be very good eating.

Now on to the next adventure.

Attachments

• turkey 006.JPG
    turkey 006.JPG
    382.6 KB · Views: 192
  • turkey 007.JPG
    turkey 007.JPG
    321.3 KB · Views: 199
No luck. My uncle and I hunted hard all last Monday and Tuesday with no luck at all. Once the wake up gobbling was over and the gobblers hit the ground they didn't open their mouths for the rest of the day. It's been a cool spring, and they don't seem to be ready yet. My uncle watched a nice long beard walk within 45 yards of me down a lane while I was calling my head off just over the rim and out of sight of him. He said the tom didn't ever look in my direction. He then just wandered off through the woods. We finally decided that they are all queer.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back