Caribou Gear Tarp

Big Ones (photos)

Biggest mule deer (I’m ashamed to even post this deer on this site with so many guys shooting big ones!).
Crappy WY weather, snowy/wet and lived out of our packs and tents. My attitude was slipping until this day, I made up my mind I was shooting a deer that day or collapse from exhaustion, whichever came first.

Luckily the deer came first, the exhaustion part followed after packing it solo back to camp a few miles through gumbo. A very fond memory of hanging in there and getting it done. Also was the first deer I broke down solo via the gutless method, I had always had help before. A cool memory for sure.

Attachments

• 66CF57A5-ACB3-4E48-8513-0C5E5DFDB8F7.jpeg
    66CF57A5-ACB3-4E48-8513-0C5E5DFDB8F7.jpeg
    883.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
from this fall, not my biggest - but the antelope has the longest prongs of any I've taken. Will know on Saturday the official measurement, but I suspect 7". I suspect the elk was the biggest I'd seen in western MT, but not this year - several seasons ago. Not sure he's the same one, but of the 3 of us that saw him in 2015, we all think there's a good chance he's the same elk, just way older and on the decline.
wy lope 2019.jpg
krelkrack19.jpg

11 foot gator with a bow Feb.of this year.

4ScPjaq.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back