MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Better area for antelope

jensen

Reviewing maps for hunting unit 26 in Wyoming in 16 days. Which area do you think is better. Grassy plains or hill and gorges?

26 has limited public access, so any public land might be the place to start. With at stated I have found that in "most" cases they are in the flat lands in units around 26. I have seen some in ravines when it gets really windy and nasty.

good luck to all
the dog

I would just drive the roads glassing any public land you can find. The best setup for antelope hunting IMO is an inexpensive Garmin vehicle GPS and a Wyoming land ownership chip. That way you can glance up and see exactly where you are in relation to the public land. If you need to just throw it in your pocket and it will run on the factory battery for quite a while, there is no need for a fancy handheld unit for antelope hunting. Don't be afraid to pull right off the highway. I saw plenty of bucks including a few pretty nice ones just driving and glassing in that area last year. There will be plenty of other hunters but many of them are guided or hunting private land, just try to cover as much ground as possible. There are a lot of antelope in that area and you will find some if you just put some effort into your hunt.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mtbirdandbiggamehunter
Back