Caribou Gear

MT antelope region 7 split proposal

Bowmannate2000

I saw a post on Facebook form region 7 fwp about this.

The proposal would split the region 7 antelope district into a north and south unit with the Yellowstone river being the divider. My initial thought is it would be better for management to break it down further into smaller districts, but this could be better than doing nothing. I'm just an outsider though. Interested to hear what you locals think.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231121-122150.png
    Screenshot_20231121-122150.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 37
It’s a foot in the door towards change however I agree with Hem on fewer to no doe/fawn tags. Should really be broken into more smaller sections but let’s not go to cray cray…..FWP needs to pace themselves😉

Great move in the right direction. Baby steps. I hunt both north and south and think it should be managed by the individual deer elk districts within region 7.
It'll be interesting to see what tag numbers look like when those numbers are available. I think it could be a good move, unless it was proposed with the ill intention of having more tags available. I'd be more optimistic if this came from FWP and not proposed by outfitters to the commission...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back