Best Partner's...(Pic Heavy)

Big Sky

I got to spend a couple days with my kids both on the Missouri River and on a private pond. Took the youngest to the private pond and my older daughter to the MO. It was good times! Dad's if you aren't spending time like this with your kids, perhaps it's time to start. As I get older I really start to appreciate that they are only young once and you need to make the most of it, and enjoy every bit of it. They really do grow up and move away sooner than you think.

My youngest with one of several rainbows he caught. He's still not too sure about fishing, but he's learning.
Hunter6-23-14B_zpsd09d2b69.jpg

My youngest daughter really enjoys fishing and I think the smile on here face backs that statement up.
Elyse6-23-14C_zps1711475e.jpg

What's a fishing trip with out a brownie? Like I said she loves this fishing stuff.
Elyse6-23-14A_zpsa498806c.jpg

Here's my oldest daughter with a nice bow out of the Missouri yesterday. She caught it using a nymph with a strike indicator. Pretty fish for a pretty girl.
Danielle6-25-14Missouririver_zps3223403e.jpg

I caught quite a few fish yesterday on the MO, but didn't take many photos. I had my daughter snap this quick pick towards the end of the day as I wanted at least one pic. I caught a number that were bigger (nothing gagger huge), but the camera was handy for this pic.
Troy6-25-14_zpsfc7b9d63.jpg

I hated to leave, my daughter was a good little trooper all day, but started to get tired around 4pm so we packed it in. As we left I couldn't resist taking one last look and picture of the river. It was a beautiful day and good times! Hope you didn't mind me sharing a little.
MissouriRiver6-25-14_zps34d64ef4.jpg

Looks like everybody had a good time.

You are getting to be quite a fisherman.

After 40 straight years of hardcore hunting I'm enjoying the pace of fishing more these days. I'm not done hunting but, I've definitely slowed it way down, and it doesn't consume 90% of my thoughts the way it used to.

Great times, beautiful country, fish, and kids! Well done dad! My daughters are into the hunting and fishing more than my son also, but that's OK, I'm grateful to have any of them to share it all with.

Back