Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Bedding my hells canyon long range?

Yes I have, its not the scope. It is the rifle. I wrote Browning before I bought and asked if this rifle would be an MOA gun - told them specifically that was what I was looking for. The answer was yes. I have been reloading for 30+ years and haven't been able to come up with a load that shoots sub MOA. I emailed Browning again a few weeks ago and told them it was not an MOA gun and then they said they guaranteed a 2 MOA gun. I had it narrowed down to 3 different 300 WM's and chose this Browning because of that email. I have seen in a post (somewhere) that shooting without the muzzle brake, his MOA was cut in half - I was hoping I didn't have to go that route because this will kick like a mule. The action screws were not torqued properly from the factory, but I checked that out before I shot and corrected that. This is my first Browning and I am torn whether to throw good money after bad. I have a Savage 300 WSM that shoots .75 MOA all day long. Heck, I think I have about 20 bolts action rifles and I paid more for this one than any of them. Only worse shooting rifle I have bought was a Weatherby Vanguard. I'm just highly disappointed in this Browning.

Good news is I got 3 deer last year, 2 with the 300 WSM and the other with my trusty 6.5x55 (Ruger M77). I was hoping somebody had experience with bedding this Browning.
If you already have a 300wsm why buy a 300 mag? Fwiw I'm very happy with my browning xbolt long range apart from the trigger which is more to do with legislation and your laws

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back