Ballistic Calculator?

Spitz

What do you guys use? Are there any free calculators online that are comparable to the software that you gotta buy?

The nikon calculator for their monarch scopes is really good.

Runs a Java application and you can put in any factory ammon and what your scope is zero'd at and it will give you exact yardages for each circle. You can put in custom loads as well and even adjust for atmospheric conditions and altitude.

http://www.nikonhunting.com/spoton/

Really neat setup.

As WT_in_MT suggested, I use JBM. It's free, and a commonly referenced standard. I also use a program on my iPod (due to its mobility), but it uses the JBM code anyways. With a little interpretation you can do pretty much anything you need with it.

I have an app from Strelok on my phone that was free, seems to work good. I've also used the Spot On from nikonhunting.com which works nicely with Nikon's BDC scopes, it has some other useful info even if you don't have their BDC scope. I'm going to take a look at the others mentioned here as well.

Wow, there's apparently a good number of decent programs online. Thanks for the comments guys. So here's the next question:

Do many of you print out a little card to stick on your rifle in hunting situations that will let you know how many MOA to dial up a target or M1 knob if a longer range shot presents itself? If so, what materials do you use to keep it weatherproof and attached?

Your wife has to be a scrapbooker right? Have the little chart laminated and use some clear packing tape to attach it to your gun. Just a thought. My wife is on a laminating kick right now. Everything in my wallet is laminated now:eek:

Wow, there's apparently a good number of decent programs online. Thanks for the comments guys. So here's the next question:

Do many of you print out a little card to stick on your rifle in hunting situations that will let you know how many MOA to dial up a target or M1 knob if a longer range shot presents itself? If so, what materials do you use to keep it weatherproof and attached?

I print a label out that is marked in yardage with the info. from the BC program, and wrap that around my turret. That way I can just dial the yardage directly rather than MOA.

I print a label out that is marked in yardage with the info. from the BC program, and wrap that around my turret. That way I can just dial the yardage directly rather than MOA.

I agree. For me it is much easier to dial the distance marked on the turret than to count clicks and go off a card taped to my gun. You can get custom turrets made for almost any brand scope at www.kentonindustries.com

Knight Armament Company has a great ballistics program...just go to thier website and look for the link. if you have an Iphone or an Ipad it's a great app...only about $30 and it's just plain smooth to use.

Just search for exterior ballistics calculator you can go out to1200yards 25yard intervals and you can print it
it's the same site southwind posted

Last edited:
The nikon calculator for their monarch scopes is really good.

Runs a Java application and you can put in any factory ammon and what your scope is zero'd at and it will give you exact yardages for each circle. You can put in custom loads as well and even adjust for atmospheric conditions and altitude.

http://www.nikonhunting.com/spoton/

Really neat setup.

Another vote for Nikon's SpotOn! 'There's a app for that'...:D Goes nicely on my iPad or will even go to your smart phone...

I have the Strelok Ballistic Calculator downloaded on my Android-Compatible phone. It's nice and portable and it works pretty darn well too! I can save the data in there for different rifles, different optics, loads and so forth!! I like it!

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back