Caribou Gear

AZ auction tags going away

The whole hating on rich people thing isn't very constructive, and it's a pretty tired conversation. Are any of us who don't draw a $1200 wyoming elk tag donating that money to RMEF?
As is seeing photo after photo of the Wests best wildlife dead, behind said rich guys with their posse of guides. That's a tired conversation as well.

I think what AZ did was a good move back to the center, giving everyone a chance at a quality tag.

Nothing stopping Jimmy John guys from buying tickets like everyone else.

It’s always baffled me how people with more money than they could spend in 10x lifetimes don’t try and fix things in this country.
They figure it's someone else's problem. Saw a classic example at our airport today, an older woman that lost her leg needed help getting her bags in the airport. Everyone but yours truly ignoring her, looking at each other rather than stepping up. Took 10 minutes to walk out to her car and carry her suitcase into the airport.

FFS, I expect nothing from people and they still disappoint me.

They figure it's someone else's problem. Saw a classic example at our airport today, an older woman that lost her leg needed help getting her bags in the airport. Everyone but yours truly ignoring her, looking at each other rather than stepping up. Took 10 minutes to walk out to her car and carry her suitcase into the airport.

Good God man be careful you're gonna throw your shoulder out trying to pat yourself on the back that hard.

Good God man be careful you're gonna throw your shoulder out trying to pat yourself on the back that hard.
Sad commentary that people are so f-ing busy they can't help, with simple things...no back patting.

Expecting rich folks to step up for wildlife without getting a tag, yeah, good luck with that.

Sorry you missed the point.

Last edited:

I was talking more like bezo or musk cash why wouldn’t you wanna do something for the country even if it wasn’t wildlife related

Too busy trying to keep score who can get to mars sooner, you know, important shit like that.
That one old lady few weeks ago paid off like all the student debt for the Harvard medical students I believe it was.

money associated with these tags (auction) has done more to corrupt and negatively influence hunting than any good they provide IMO.
100% Agree. And with the demand for NR Big Game hunting in the West - I don't think there is any legitimacy to the arguments any auction tags bring in 'much needed funding' for wildlife. Western states could do any number of things and replace (or make more) revenue than is brought in with these tags. I hope all western states follow suit.

The whole hating on rich people thing isn't very constructive, and it's a pretty tired conversation. Are any of us who don't draw a $1200 wyoming elk tag donating that money to RMEF?

"Hating" is your spin.

Apparently it is constructive, hence the point of the thread; Arizona took actual concrete action. It's a conversation worth continuing to have if we want to make things better and preserve our hunting heritage. If you are "tired" of it, that's on you. You aren't the gatekeeper of acceptable discussion.

Wait, you didn't even help her find it!?

Not sure how much $$$ AZ Elk Society gets for auctioning the tag but that is a lot of money to try to replace
IMG_1758.png

If google is correct, there are approx. 350,000 hunters in Arizona. If the auction tag system raised 3.2 million dollars last year according the social media post above, then AZGFD only needs to charge every hunter an additional $9 to replace that revenue, make it an even $10. All of the folks saying the sky is falling because they won't have rich dudes buying tags need to realize that they is a lot of buying power in the general hunting population.

I just looked at the WY Wsf auction page. Beyond the trips, guns and various expensive items the auction has a WY bison tag, sheep tag and Commissioners DEA tag. I think these tags are ridicous, as i write this just got a email about raffle for Water for Wildlife Commissioners tag. I am starting to think the benefits to wildlife are not proportional to the funding.

Reactions: OMB
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back