ATV's who's got 'em

Quick question, totally hypothetical:

Let us say someone was riding their ATV in a closed area (must have been the naughty 10%). Let us also say the naughty 10 percenters stayed back in the “backcountry” longer than the person who had hiked in there.

Do you think these silly gooses put the lesson together when they got back to the trail head?

One truck, with one flat tire, with the fiberglass road closed sign leaning against said tire. Again totally hypothetical question.

Probably got the lesson, but now the sign is gone so more "silly gooses" will be doing the same thing. ;)

Probably got the lesson, but now the sign is gone so more "silly gooses" will be doing the same thing. ;)

The sign was there when said hiker went through the area first. The sign post was gone when he came back. A quick search revealed the “silly gooses/naughty 10 percenters” broke the sign post off at the ground and threw it in the bushes. How crafty was that?

Ooops I forgot, totally hypothetical.

I have another hypothetical question.

How many blades on a havalon does it take to make 4 average sized 4 wheeler tires go flat?

I'm going to guess, and its only a guess and not based on experience, damn near close to 8.

BTW I don't carry the havalon anymore. There are just times when you need a good strong blade......

You know you've been up to no good when your front mud flaps are broken off and there's enough wood stuck underneath your machine to heat your house for a couple days.

I have another hypothetical question.

How many blades on a havalon does it take to make 4 average sized 4 wheeler tires go flat?

I'm going to guess, and its only a guess and not based on experience, damn near close to 8.

BTW I don't carry the havalon anymore. There are just times when you need a good strong blade......

Now that's just user error/poor technique.

See with the havalon you have to give it a couple good strong slices, attempting to poke it through like a screw driver never works.

2 or perhaps 3 blades will suffice, and leave enough edge to carve nasty things into their seat.

While Dink's scenario is "hypothetical", it really does beg the question of what do you do when you encounter such a situation -- illegal access by ATVers. That has to be the most frustrating thing ever. But ethically you try to get information (sticker, etc) and turn them in to F&G. Or is that moot due to insufficient F&G resources to actually do something about the violation? Hell, I vote to instantiate some sort of deputized program...you find guys illegally accessing areas and you get bonus points or even big game tags for turning them in with proof (video camera footage, digital pics, GPS coords, etc) -- now that would be something. :D

Unethically, do any of you guys get pissed enough to thrash some rubber?

moot due to insufficient F&G resources

......yep, I've spoken to a few regarding Dink's scenario. In a few words, they couldn't have given less a chit. They did strongly advise against vandalism though.

do any of you guys get pissed enough to thrash some rubber?

Nope. I figure everyone has binos and scoped rifles same as me.

Last edited:
Fin and Longbow know what I'm talking about...this last year in south central NV where I was hunting, it was treacherous. I got where I wanted to go much quicker and didn't trash my truck on the trip. Of course when Fin was out last season in eastern NV, he managed to find one of the infamous NV desert gumbo holes that love to swallow anything within its reach. I'm guessing had he navigated with a quad, the gumbo could have been avoided. Then again, perhaps his truck was fine but he was too busy drooling at the monster muleys and bulls. :D

Attachments

• IMG_8627.jpg
    IMG_8627.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 123
......yep, I've spoken to a few regarding Dink's scenario. In a few words, they couldn't have given less a chit. They did strongly advise against vandalism though.

Nope. I figure everyone has binos and scoped rifles same as me.

I'm telling ya...I think I've got something with the deputized deal...man, that could work don't you think??? :cool:

here is a vid of me and my bros packing a giant bull out using our ATVs. Dont lock us out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBbjb_p1Sg&NR=1

bahahahah

good grief. How long did that contraption take to drag your bull to the quads? Did you butcher it up at the atvs?

Im just curious; how hard would it be to quarter it up and hump it the 500 yards to the four wheelers? I didn't really see a trail...? Was there one? Did you have meat trailers or where did you put all the meat?

ps, you didn't "pack" anything. You drug it then presumably hauled it out on the end of a vehicle powered by internal combustion, no packing involved.

Last edited:
bahahahah

good grief. How long did that contraption take to drag your bull to the quads? Did you butcher it up at the atvs?

Im just curious; how hard would it be to quarter it up and hump it the 500 yards to the four wheelers? I didn't really see a trail...? Was there one? Did you have meat trailers or where did you put all the meat?

Ps, you didn't "pack" anything. You drug it then presumably hauled it out on the end of a vehicle powered by internal combustion, no packing involved.

fish on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite atv pics are on Alaskaoutdoordirectory.com right about Oct....

Nothing like seeing 4 wheelers tearing up the tundra..........................................

My favorite atv pics are on Alaskaoutdoordirectory.com right about Oct....

Nothing like seeing 4 wheelers tearing up the tundra..........................................

I was so impressed I saved some:

Attachments

• ATV1.jpg
    ATV1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 109
  • ATV2.jpg
    ATV2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 109
  • ATV3.jpg
    ATV3.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 109
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free