Arizona unit 24b base camp info

DSMeyer

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but here it goes. ( if it's wrong feel free to move it to a correct location)
I'm headed to Arizona for a javelina hunt 2/24-3/2/17 in unit 24b, this a new unit to me and was wondering if anyone would have information on a good base camp location for a truck and 30 foot travel trailer ( I glamp in style). I've hunted 24a and know it well but not 24b so I'm trying to minimize the headache of trying to backtrack with the trailer. I'm headed out to scout this weekend 2/4-5. I see campgrounds on the map tortilla flats and such but don't know if they're pay sites or seasonal. I prefer cheap(free) dry camping solitude areas. This is for base camp locations not hunt spots. Thanks for any help.
Scott

I would try east of Queen Valley, Hewitt Canyon area on the south end for camping.

Did a quick one day overlook of the unit on 2/4, it's a busy unit with a lot of day hikers and recreation shooters. But the habitat and abundance of water/greenery looks promising. The northern portion is mostly pay camping sites, the southern does have free camp areas that aren't too harsh to get into for us trailer guys.image.jpg

That's some nice country out there. I drove through there last Sept. going from northern AZ down to Tombstone.
Good luck on your hunt.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back