Arizona, Let's Git 'er Done !!!

Moosie

Grand poopa
Can someone from AZ post the dates of the Draws and a Basic understanding of the point system for someone wanting to put in for AZ ?

How does the state handle the big game draws and general hunts ?!?!
When is the Deadline for draws ?
What is the Point system like there ?

Just some General Info from someone in the know willing to help someone out that needs general info.

thanx in advance.......

We wont find out anything till the regs come out in may, then you have to put in generally before june14

Point system doesnt mean crap, except that you get an extra draw for every point you have.

only general hunts are archery deer , rifle and archery bear and small game.

Delw

Oscar:

As Dewl pointed out, the regulations will not be out until May, so the drawing deadline has yet to be released. The deadline is "usually" the first part of June. However, I can try and answer some of your other questions. Although I'm not a resident, I've hunted Arizona every year for over 25 years.

Arizona has a Bonus Point System which basically means when you do NOT draw, you get a point for that species. These points are simply assigned numbers by the computer randomly and if low enough, you can get drawn. It's exactly like buying Lotto tickets, the more you have the better your chances are of being drawn (or having a lower computer #). However, you could, and many do, get drawn WITHOUT a point. It's all a matter of having a low enough number. In some of the trophy units, they reserve 10% of the tags for those with maximum bonus points BEFORE the regular drawing.

Arizona offers a hunters safety course to everyone and if you successfully complete, you get a lifetime bonus point for ALL species applicable. This is a tremendous help, especially when competing for low tag areas and maximum points are already accumulated. Again, it just increases your odds.

As of right now, you MUST buy a hunting license to accumulate bonus points. Time will only tell what these prices will be thanks to the recent law suit. There are currently NO "general" tags, as in Over The Counter (OTC) except for Archery Only Deer. All elk, sheep, antelope, buffalo, and rifle/muzz deer are by drawing only.

Hope it helps and doesn't leave you more confused. :)

AZ, Thanx bro. Although I know how to get the Info, This isn't just for me...

But I will accept Above and Beyond behind the Scenes help too ;)

BOHunter and Delw, Thanx for the Updates. ID regs haven't come out either, but it's usually pretty consistant, Except several years ago when they went to zones.

The AZ regs are usually online a month or so before the printed ones.The online application process has been suspended for the 05 draws so you will have to apply by mail.You can BUY a bonus point, you are basicly paying for a license and tag that you will never get.

I really like the idea of getting away from the on-line credit card appl..
Do ya know if you have to send a check to apply or are they still allowing credit cards for the mail in appl.'s?? I hope it is send in a check!!
I can't see anyone appling for just a point and not getting any refund?? if I am reading your post correctly.

Nothing carved in stone yet, but word has it that you will have to send in the money.
This should really weed out the people who were applying ( their whole family ) just for fun, because it was so cheap & easy.

You will need to include the funds in the form of check or money order when applying. One of the reasons for "buying a bonus point" is for those that will not be able to make a hunt but still want to help their chances for a later date. Like people that are going to get called up for military duty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back