Arizona is hitting cards.

Well the good news is that I didn't get a big charge to my credit card. The bad news is that I didn't get a big charge to my credit card.

Drew antlerless tag for 28 Sep to 04 Oct, Camp Navajo. Looking forward to my first elk hunt and hopefully get to hear bulls screaming even if it will make me cry if I can't shoot a big bull.

Last edited:
My sons (ages 27 and 24) and I drew archery antlerless tags for unit 8 - we are very excited! I've hunted elk in CO before, but this will be the first elk hunt for my sons. This was our first time to apply in AZ, so we are feeling blessed!

My portal isnt showing anything... but i know i drew. Its going to be a long night....

602-942-3000 and follow the prompts

Well that made me feel better! Thanks man. - 7W late rifle it is.

-Expecting our first baby girl in late June, a summer filled of walleye fishing/drinking whiskey, then the real fun begins.. I eat, sleep, and breathe elk hunting year round.. im planning on taking my dad on his first archery elk hunt in NM this year too

Rolled a late rifle & 6A archery w/2 NR points but came up snake eyes. Got my 23rd lope point, the new system took that hunt from me.

Rolled a late rifle & 6A archery w/2 NR points but came up snake eyes. Got my 23rd lope point, the new system took that hunt from me.

Poor guy. And you only got to hunt Unit 1 elk a couple times, which is more than anyone my age could ever expect to in their lifetime.

Anyone out there have any suggestions for 5A late rifle bull tag? I am a Midwestern boy (old man) and a wonderful wife who drew, but this is all new to us. We are in mesa and looking for anyone familiar with that unit that might have a few tips on where to start.
Trail capable jeep, but no 4 wheeler, but both in good shape. It will be just the two of us.
Any thoughts suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

How does the new system take hunts from high point holders? Do you not have any chance of drawing?

How does the new system take hunts from high point holders? Do you not have any chance of drawing?

I assume he's referring to the fact that for the new system, of the 10% of tags that go to nonresidents in Arizona, only 5% can now go to the highest point holders in the bonus point pass. He's saying that had the 10% be allowed to all go in the bonus point pass that he would have been guaranteed to draw.

I assume he's referring to the fact that for the new system, of the 10% of tags that go to nonresidents in Arizona, only 5% can now go to the highest point holders in the bonus point pass. He's saying that had the 10% be allowed to all go in the bonus point pass that he would have been guaranteed to draw.

Oh no, I understand. It's just interesting to me how someone can view it as "taking a hunt from me" when he still had a chance to draw. In fact, he had a better chance at drawing than probably 90% of the applicants that applied for the same hunt given his 22 points in the random. Unless I misunderstand the drawing process, they didn't exclude his application just because he didn't draw in the bonus pass did they? Maybe I don't understand the draw process correctly? Personally, I would view it as being unlucky rather than blaming the system for "taking a hunt from me".

And he's leaving out the fact that when he started accumulating those 23 bonus points, there was no bonus pass that guaranteed top point holders would draw. Funny how that little tidbit isn't mentioned.

Pending CC charges at the Busch house for a bull elk tag. Almost 100% sure my son drew his late rifle tag in 5B, as he had two more points then needed to guarantee a tag (unless my daughter or I beat incredible odds for an early rifle hunt - not likely). Excited to go with him to AZ on a great elk hunt in December. Good luck to everyone and I hope you see pending charges shortly.

My son drew his 5B late rifle tag. Excited for a great fall!

Oh no, I understand. It's just interesting to me how someone can view it as "taking a hunt from me" when he still had a chance to draw. In fact, he had a better chance at drawing than probably 90% of the applicants that applied for the same hunt given his 22 points in the random. Unless I misunderstand the drawing process, they didn't exclude his application just because he didn't draw in the bonus pass did they? Maybe I don't understand the draw process correctly? Personally, I would view it as being unlucky rather than blaming the system for "taking a hunt from me".

Oh I completely I agree with you. I was just stating what he was referring to. I do understand his frustration, though. It's tough when you feel only a few years out from getting a tag and then changing draw systems or point creep get in the way. Just gotta roll with the punches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back