Caribou Gear

Arizona 10% cap on Nonresidents

Hohum...happens all the time on I-80. Watched one do the same thing on my way to work one day, just passed the semi and was close enough I heard it hit the pavement. Right in the same area as the video.

Good friend of mine that flew for the State of Wyoming and for the civil air patrol, caught a wind shear off elk mountain on a bluebird day, and as he describes it, "only time I found myself upside down in an airplane when I didn't want to be". Right about where this semi blew over.

I saw a semi truck full of high end vehicles fish tail by the Lincoln exit going to Laramie last week. Wasn’t even that bad, but it looked like he was drifting on a straightaway.

Summers are nice....took this off the deck of the double wide.

IMG950174.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Hem
March 19, 2021. Snowplow got stuck trying to plow. Sent a road grader to pull the snowplow out and grade the snow.

16451.jpeg

Neighbor across the street had a drift about 4 feet over the garage doors. Helped him shovel out, couldn't leave to go anywhere anyway.

Get some....

Where are all these people moving to wyomingJust for hunting tags? I keep hearing about. But the last 10 years don't show much.

Heck I don't even see retiring here I am getting my mountian hunting in then retiring somewhere warmer. Maybe the special will be priced high enough I will be able to enjoy wyoming still if not oh well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240218_073434_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240218_073434_Chrome.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 18
@BuzzH Wyoming winters aren't that bad... You think you're pretty tough, but be real...

The only places comparable to Wyoming winters, is the Montana High-Line and North Dakota.
It might snow more elsewhere and it might be cold in northern Minnesota, but the wind adds an element to it that’s hard to account for without experiencing.

I’m not interested in property. I know I’ll (likely) never be able to afford the property that has big bulls, antelope, and bucks running around on it. I rather spend as little time as possible plowing/mowing when there’s tons of accessible public land within an hour and something in season to hunt. I think Sheridan is in the first inning of a 9 inning game. Bozeman’s the same, every 10 years you could look back and wish you bought. It’s not slowing anytime soon.
Wonder what inning Jackson is in? I remember going through it as a kid in the 70's thinking what a nice little mountain town it was.

Where are all these people moving to wyomingJust for hunting tags? I keep hearing about. But the last 10 years don't show much.

Heck I don't even see retiring here I am getting my mountian hunting in then retiring somewhere warmer. Maybe the special will be priced high enough I will be able to enjoy wyoming still if not oh well.
Hey look, im in that statistic! -1 in 2014

I just wasnt tough enough to live there after being born there, and living there all my life.

Could move back at any moment to cheaper housing, and lower taxes.

I like MT more.

You must not hunt much, is it the microbrews?

I was born in Montana, lived there 32 years, I don't like Montana more for hunting.

I’ve only hunted in Wyoming 1 day. General elk tag, public land. 3 different bulls in archery range before I was tagged out by 3pm. I’ve had some great days in Montana but that one will be tough to beat. I still don’t know if I got lucky or it’s just that good but I’m pretty certain it’s just that good. Saw a couple deer during that day too that would dwarf anything I’ve seen in Montana. Can’t wait to get back.

The only places comparable to Wyoming winters, is the Montana High-Line and North Dakota.
It might snow more elsewhere and it might be cold in northern Minnesota, but the wind adds an element to it that’s hard to account for without experiencing.
I've lived in north Dakota. The worst part was the wind. My point was that buzz is cranking on his own horn a little much.

So when you moving out, tuffie?

BTW, you're lists there are a joke... 🤣.
I've been in plenty of states in the winter. WY wasn't that bad when I was there. ND was dumb because it was so windy. But I could see WY being the same. But to say it's the worst a bit of a stretch.

Find me something other than your opinion that shows it's the worst...

I’ve only hunted in Wyoming 1 day. General elk tag, public land. 3 different bulls in archery range before I was tagged out by 3pm. I’ve had some great days in Montana but that one will be tough to beat. I still don’t know if I got lucky or it’s just that good but I’m pretty certain it’s just that good. Saw a couple deer during that day too that would dwarf anything I’ve seen in Montana. Can’t wait to get back.
It's that good. I can't think of more than a couple days hunting elk here where I couldn't have killed a legal elk. I don't think I've ever hunted a single day without seeing elk, ever.

It's annoying hunting deer, elk everywhere you look. They even get old on some pronghorn hunts.

You must not hunt much, is it the microbrews?

I was born in Montana, lived there 32 years, I don't like Montana more for hunting.
Days i can hunt? Or size of game? With a job that requires some travel, family, i like the longer archery and rifle seasons from a hunting standpoint. Theres generally larger class animals in Wy ill give you that.

It's annoying hunting deer, elk everywhere you look. They even get old on some pronghorn hunts.
Yup. Never would think that I’d find elk on the east side of I25 in mid August. One of the crazier things I’ve witnessed last year.

I've lived in north Dakota. The worst part was the wind. My point was that buzz is cranking on his own horn a little much.
It's generally calm in Wyoming...what is this wind word you're talking about?

Never heard of it, like the time I drove I-80 (with a work exemption) with one tire on the rumble strip for 25 miles so I knew I was still on the road. Took me an an hour and 15 minutes to navigate that 25 miles. The fun times were when I couldn't see the bug deflector on the hood.

Last edited:
It's generally calm in Wyoming...what is this wind word you're talking about?

Never heard of it, like the time I drove I-80 (with a work exemption) with one tire on the rumble strip for 25 miles so I knew I was still on the road. Took me an an hour and 15 minutes to navigate that 25 miles. The fun times were when I couldn't see the bug deflector on the hood.
Okay, I've driven across half of ND (on I94 and lots of backroads) fish tailing non stop because it's so windy and so icy. What's your point? There's just as bad or even worse weather in other places.

One time, it took me over 2.5 hours to drive 50 miles busting through up to 3 foot drifts across the road. I crossed paths with 1 vehicle while driving those 2.5 hours.

To reiterate..
Find me something other than your opinion that shows wyoming is the worst...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back