Arizona 10% cap on Nonresidents

Now it’s a cold weather hunting thread…
-20, something crazy with windchill. 8 hours in that chit. Never again:
View attachment 315884View attachment 315885
Dam that looks tropical. I seriously can picture hearing a meadow lark as I look at those. Is that a hornytoad in the white sand? Good thing you guys have hoods on to keep from getting a sunburn!

Killed a Dec bull on a hunt where the lows were -25 and the high never broke 0 for a week. We were riding horses in a couple hours before daylight. I was riding my sons horse and she lost her ear tips.
Does my pecker measure up?

Edit- Obviously I'm not talking on that December day. It didn't that day.

Found a pic muzzleloader bull. View attachment 315890
-25 or colder without wind is no big deal. Good hunting weather.

It's the 40-50 mph wind that changes it.

Took a picture of the thermometer in the truck when I left to hunt this day, it was either -27 or -29 ambient. I remember going through a low spot in a river bottom that it was -33.

But, no wind where I shot this bull. When I left for home at about 1 pm it was -15.

Beautiful day to hunt late season elk.

DSC00601.JPG

This day, it was maybe zero to -5ish, fuggin wind was honking all day. Miserable bastard.

DSC0101612.JPG

Dam that looks tropical. I seriously can picture hearing a meadow lark as I look at those. Is that a hornytoad in the white sand? Good thing you guys have hoods on to keep from getting a sunburn!
You should scope out places to buy around Chugwater, Arlington, and Elk Mountain.

Another place I'd recommend is wild horse west of Laramie.

Barely a whisper of wind at all.

Hohum...happens all the time on I-80. Watched one do the same thing on my way to work one day, just passed the semi and was close enough I heard it hit the pavement. Right in the same area as the video.

Good friend of mine that flew for the State of Wyoming and for the civil air patrol, caught a wind shear off elk mountain on a bluebird day, and as he describes it, "only time I found myself upside down in an airplane when I didn't want to be". Right about where this semi blew over.

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back