Archery Idaho Diamond Creek area

LivingThe Dream

Ok before I get started I know everyones answer is going to be "super crowded, elk are tough to find" with that being said I still pumped to go elk hunting in Sept. Would love to hear some of your elk trips stories about the Diamond Creek area.

Assuming you were quick enough to get the tag? There are a bunch of elk to be found, but you'll have to go look for them. I've never hunted elk up there but chased deer around a few times. Beautiful country and you won't be disappointed.

I don't personally hunt there, but have known a few people who do and here's what I have been told multiple times: practice your calling early in the year and often! In general, they have told me that your setup, calling sequence, wind game, etc...needs to be at your A+ level to have success with a focus on calling. They say that the bulls are extremely wary of calls, so you have to be completely on-point to call the elk in. I remember working with one of my friends who hunts that area and he would start bringing in elk calls in early June to begin practicing.

Jealous you got a tag! We struck out. I’ve done well but have a LOT of time there and have the elk AND the hunters patterned. Expect pressure but it’s a good hunt. Took my kid with me last year and he had a blast as we snuck into the middle of a herd. He really wanted to go again and I wanted to call for a buddy but he didn’t get a tag even after having it in his cart at 12:01 on 12/1

good luck!!!!

Jealous you got a tag! We struck out. I’ve done well but have a LOT of time there and have the elk AND the hunters patterned. Expect pressure but it’s a good hunt. Took my kid with me last year and he had a blast as we snuck into the middle of a herd. He really wanted to go again and I wanted to call for a buddy but he didn’t get a tag even after having it in his cart at 12:01 on 12/1

good luck!!!!
I know that it is going to be a tough hunt, but excited for the chance.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back