Anyone draw a Colorado deer tag?

The draw odds gave me a 100% on unit 68 with 3 pts. Evidently these odds are not correct! Did anyone else have this situation?

The draw odds were last year. Like the stock market, past performance is not.................blah,blah,blah.

A lot of hype this year on Colorado 3rd season could have upped the apps. or they may have cut the tags.

Last edited:
The draw odds gave me a 100% on unit 68 with 3 pts. Evidently these odds are not correct! Did anyone else have this situation?

A couple of things to consider:

1. Draw odds are based on last year's draw. It only takes a small increase in applicants to change those odds, especially in the unit you applied (because of low tag #'s).

2. The season is a week later this year, which prompted many people to "burn" their points.

3. Garth Carter listed that unit as the 5th best unit in the state this year.

I'm guessing that #2 and #3 caused #1 to happen. I know that there were people on another forum talking about that unit, and if I remember correctly, many were talking about applying with 4-6 preference points.

Results are posted. I have zero points left.

In the words of Dinkshooter, "I'm going to the big show!"

Looks like 2010 is going to be a banner "point accumulation" year for me. Appears I am quickly reaching my bag limit of points for 2010.

Congrats to those who drew. Should be some great bucks to come from the tags this year.

More points for me as well.

I'm fine with that because the MT Breaks sheep tag I am going to draw in the next few weeks is going to take a bit of time. I just have a feeling. ;)

Results are posted. I have zero points left.

In the words of Dinkshooter, "I'm going to the big show!"

Cool!! Pretty good chance I am trying to head there Sunday or Monday or both. Can't get a straight answer on open roads.

Wife is babysiting inlaws pets and wants me to come down, don't want to sit in town.

30 years of applying for Mt Breaks Sheep tag and "9" bonus points and you will still probably get a tag before me

Oak

A couple of things to consider:

1. Draw odds are based on last year's draw. It only takes a small increase in applicants to change those odds, especially in the unit you applied (because of low tag #'s).

2. The season is a week later this year, which prompted many people to "burn" their points.

3. Garth Carter listed that unit as the 5th best unit in the state this year.

I'm guessing that #2 and #3 caused #1 to happen. I know that there were people on another forum talking about that unit, and if I remember correctly, many were talking about applying with 4-6 preference points.

Thanks Oak, I see why you are called the expert,,,,,,I thought I had a slam dunk,,, already had camp planned,, still just luck of the draw!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool!! Pretty good chance I am trying to head there Sunday or Monday or both. Can't get a straight answer on open roads.

Wife is babysiting inlaws pets and wants me to come down, don't want to sit in town.
I've gotta work Saturday and Monday. Supposed to do M. Day stuff with wife/kid/FIL from AZ on Sunday.

We'll see...maybe I can finagle something...

Congrats Oak on the tag. I would love to come up and see what that area can produce. Dates?????

Congrats Oak. I did the CO sweep for points this year wich is probably good as i hear missinng days is frowned on in nurseing school. On a positive not i have been getting alot of checks from the DOW.

3rd season for me...:D dates are right in the middle of the rut in my area... should be awesome..

Congrats to all who drew and good luck on your hunts! It looks like I will be chasing muleys during second season this year.

After spending a few hours in Oaks deer unit I am officially an expert and I am willing to provide scouting services and photos for the following fees:

1.GPS cords and 2-3 pictures of Mule deer bucks $59.99
2.The above plus the estimated fully grown B&C scores of located bucks $69.99(Best Deal)

Hurry, offer ends soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back