Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Anyone Buying

Not for me for 2 more years. 2 years ago when we decided to send Jake to FUMA we were about to put a contact on a 149 acre farm in Ky. But the boy comes 1st. It was there once it will be there again. That was a sweet deal at 800 an acre.

My faith in mankind is partially restored. The dude made contact today and took me up on the deal.
.......... then a little while later he contacted me again and wanted to know if he could get paid everything up front. I told him no deal. Guess he thought I was nuts, but anyway it looks like he is getting started.

Getting a dumpster dropped in there in the AM. He's got three days and a lot of work ahead of him, but it should save me a lot of work if he holds up his end of the deal.

Got the hilljacks out of there and took posession.
The place is pretty rough. I've got a 30 yard dumpster filled to the brim and will need another 20 yarder. Mowed the waist high yard with the bush hog (mowed a bicycle),torched the shed,tore down the pool and ripped the deck off.
I'm gonna get the place jerked out of there (it's a modular). If I can't sell it, I'm gonna demolish it. Don't want no stinkin neighbors.

Sounds like it has been quite the process there Steiny. Good luck moving the rest of the stuff.

I gutted out my New Plymouth house and put in new Carpet, new Doors and frames throughout, new molding and new Outlets and Lightswitches as well and updated the cabinets and painted the entire house.

My middleton renters wanted to move out there and he is a painter and I had them do alot of the work. They jsut moved out there and I'm putting my Middleton house up for sale/rent/lease-own. We'll see how long it sits starting tomorrow.

Other then that I won't/can't buy anythnig for 2 years with the Career change. I'm surprised more people aren't buying.

I'm eyeballing a 58 acre parcel right now

I'm going to wait till spring, since less people are buying and more are selling, it should be a good time to buy into the markets...

Back