Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Graduation Day

JV842

Well, this post is part because my grandson is getting older n the other part, I’m getting older. If you’ve seen past posts w/ my little man, he’s shot quite a few through the years, starting back when he was 6. He’s always used my ar in .223 Wylde and a 62gn ttx. Which always does the job but leads to me having to jump a fence n track without a terribly good blood trail…n with achey joints jumping barb wire n then getting the deer under or over said bar wire is no fun. So now that he’s 11….time to GRADUATE!!!
Moved him up to my #1 in .270…..
This year he really wanted to get a wall hanger this year and has passed numerous good bucks but not “the one”. The bucks by this time have gotten pretty run down in our area so we decided to lean more towards a doe or young spike unless a true monster stepped out.
This takes us to a couple mornings ago…daylight came with plenty deer at the feeder; does, bucks, n yearlings of various sizes. He had his choice of anything out there but he chose to shoot a nice doe for the table. Got the rifle out. The boy showed unbelievable patience, waiting for a clear shot on the right doe; a solid 15 minutes! Finally everything started to move off n a lone doe gave him a shot n she didn’t know what hit her n I didn’t have to climb a fence and/or track!!!
Bucks he’s passed so far this year…..IMG_2863.jpegIMG_2865.jpegIMG_2891.jpegIMG_2916.jpegthe doe he ended up shooting, 150ydsIMG_3139.jpegand then as a bonus while we getting everything packed up….another one came across the field n papa got to show off!!!IMG_3142.jpegIMG_3143.jpegmore to come, plenty tags n freezers to fill!!!
N on a side note….I got the #1 itch that needs to be scratched…in the market for a #1 international 7X57 Mauser if anyone sees or hears of anything!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3140.jpeg
    IMG_3140.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 6
Classy young man shooting a classy firearm. I dare say in fact the classiest one out there. Love the laminate stock. Attractive yet brute strong and stable.

Well your grandson had a great hunt using a .270, choosing to patiently wait for a clear shot on a deer was even making the experience more successful. Congrats to him and thanks for sharing.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back