Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Any suggestions...

A buddy and I made our first trip to Montana this year and are just over a week into our two week trip, will be heading home Sunday. We have been hunting hard most of the time, some backpacking in and some within 1-2 miles of some roads with exception for a day or two off for some foot troubles I am having. Have seen some elk, 1 bull , some cows as they were running onto private and some running through the timber.

We are in the Dillon area right now and I am looking for some advice on what to do next. Methods we should be trying, I know weather is not our friend right now but any suggestions would be great!

Buddy did kill a mule deer yesterday so hopefully good luck will continue. Also have a couple of wt doe tags of anyone has suggestions, see them all over on private but not where we can hunt.

Thank you
Dan

Weather sucks, elk are in the mountains and only active around first and last light. Go up in the gravallies and get as far from open roads as possible and glass at first and last light. Or find 4-6 other hunters and drive the isolated tree lines..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back