Caribou Gear

Any new fitness goals for the 2018 season?

A couple months ago, my fitness goal was to lose 20lb by September. Since then my fitness goal has changed to fit'n 'iss whole pizza in my belly.

Sorry, I missed this until Mthuntr just bumped this back up.

The Boston Marathon went great. It was cold and rainy and we ran into a headwind pretty much the whole way but really it wasn't that bad.

I ran a 3:28:15, an average pace of 7:57 per mile. That was good for 7,443rd place! LOL.

I was pretty happy with it though, that was fast enough to technically qualify for next year (I needed to run a 3:30), but the way it has been going you need to beat the qualifying time by 2 or 3 minutes to actually get in. I enjoyed it but not something I can do every year since I'm a C.P.A. that is a pretty busy time of year for me.

I think I would like to run it in 2025 when it is on my birthday so that gives me a long term plan to stay in decent enough shape to be able to qualify for it 7 years from now.

I'm still trying to figure out my next short term goal. One that I'm thinking about that would be a pretty good challenge would be to run a half marathon fast enough to use it as a qualifier for the New York City Marathon. For my age group that would be a 1:32 which would be just under a 7:00 pace. That would be a 4 minute PR for me so about the only chance would be doing it on a downhill course.

Very impressive! When I run a marathon, I just try to get to the other end before everyone else goes home! I believe my next one is going to be in Miami in January. Mainly because I'll be down there around that time, and it will keep me motivated through the holiday season. But, I'll never finish under 4 hours.

My fitness goal for the year was to get up to running 5 miles in 40 minutes, while starting weight training to get up to 190lbs. I'm 6'2", and broke 180lbs and 3 miles in 25min not too long ago. Not as fast as I wanted to get there, because life got kinda hectic, and I prioritized other things.

And since I prioritized- the game has now changed. I'm moving to Montana this month, and I'm going to have to adjust my goals. I'll figure out the details once I start getting settled in, and re-learn how to breath. But I can guarantee time in the Beartooths is going to be a part of it.

I hope to run a 1/2 marathon this year, but I hurt an Achilles's tendon and it's been three months in rehab so far. I'm along ways from running even a few miles on a regular basis.

We all have our battles with our goals. I hope everyone emerges victorious in whatever we are striving for.

That’s real impressive Mthuntr. As of this morning I’m down 33 pounds since February. But, my sister-in-law is now the taproom manager at a local brewery and my wife is working there part time, so we’ll see what happens. I did a one night solo backpack hunt in some country I love last year and though I pulled it off, I really suffered. I just wanna do it again but better.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back