Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Anti hunting group buys hunting rights

Doing your taxes right now, aren't you SAJ-99. 😁
Not yet. Rolling off the annual season of my wife's non-profit healthcare employer crying poor mouth and claiming to not make money so they need to restructure contracts (i.e. cut people's pay). This is followed by emails asking to give $$$ to said corporate non-profit's non-profit foundation. I mean, non-profits layered on top of non-profits? You know how easily I am irritated, so can see how I got to this current state of angst.
“Government, social assistance and healthcare account for 56% of the 2.8 million net new jobs over the past year”.
Those jobs include police, teachers, social workers, doctors, nurses and a ton of other legit jobs that actually pay income taxes, so I don't have a problem with it. It does give some insight into the economy though.

Patagonia literally invented the 1% for conservation thing, and I would bet you a nice dinner that Yvon/ Patagonia contributes far more to "their" conservation causes than Bass Pro or Johnny Morris does on a real or proportionate basis.
It also has to be pointed out that Patagonia makes quality merch. The same can't be said of Bass Pro. 1% is probably like half the profit margin on that Red Head crap.

Patagonia literally invented the 1% for conservation thing, and I would bet you a nice dinner that Yvon/ Patagonia contributes far more to "their" conservation causes than Bass Pro or Johnny Morris does on a real or proportionate basis.

You can disagree with it all you want but the rich greenie liberals are far more willing to put their $ to causes than the rich hook and bullet crowd.

1.) I don't disagree with your premise that large liberal funders tend to give more than rank & file donors.
2.) Your comparison between Patagonia and Johnny Morris deserves a spreadsheet with actual numbers comparing the two relative to dollars donated/awarded. You have until tomorrow to produce this document. It should just be a short review of the last 10 years of 990's for each group.

Is it possible that "hunters" are more "socioeconomically diverse" than "anti-hunters" or anti-hunter endorsers?

The doctors I've known have been real cheapskates but that's likely due to those big med school loans. A lot of hunters might be cheap because we've spent all our extra time on hunting/scouting, and all our extra "scrilla" on sweet camo, custom rifles, "energy drinks", and game bags sold online by certain hunting influencers.

Is it possible that "hunters" are more "socioeconomically diverse" than "anti-hunters" or anti-hunter endorsers?
I doubt it. I think the HT universe is a narrow slice of hunters, so we can get skewed pretty easily. A lot of hunters have a lot of money. Maybe, they have a lot of money because they say 'No' to all the requests for donations?

Not yet. Rolling off the annual season of my wife's non-profit healthcare employer crying poor mouth and claiming to not make money so they need to restructure contracts (i.e. cut people's pay). This is followed by emails asking to give $$$ to said corporate non-profit's non-profit foundation. I mean, non-profits layered on top of non-profits? You know how easily I am irritated, so can see how I got to this current state of angst.

Those jobs include police, teachers, social workers, doctors, nurses and a ton of other legit jobs that actually pay income taxes, so I don't have a problem with it. It does give some insight into the economy though.

This reminds me of the F500 company I worked for 5+ yrs ago provided a letter recommending donating to their PAC when they did annual bonuses. I provided a lot of input with my thoughts to their employee surveys.

The rich hook and bullet crowd will gladly open their wallets when many of the .orgs take things like sheep tags away from the working class hunters and offer them up for sale.
Being you've ignored every request to share more info... Is it safe to assume you haven't put anything out to the public on your $150k you're looking for?

It's tough to raise money if no one knows you're trying to raise the money buzz.

But you're just looking to complain about hunters, right?

YUP. I like that taste.

Mexican food in general is a lot of the same, and that's exactly what I love about it. Just give me a warm tortilla, beans, cheese and a meat in any sort of combination and I'll be happy.
Great taste... Guy working the drive through last week asked me if I wanted any sauce, I said no thanks. His response "Yeah, you don't want to mess with perfection huh?" I'm like chill dude, I don't think perfection is the word. It's good, but not perfect :ROFLMAO:

The doctors I've known have been real cheapskates but that's likely due to those big med school loans. A lot of hunters might be cheap because we've spent all our extra time on hunting/scouting, and all our extra "scrilla" on sweet camo, custom rifles, "energy drinks", and game bags sold online by certain hunting influencers.
You think weed, impossible burgers, Subarus and box sets of Crosby, Stills, and Nash's greatest hits are cheap?

You think weed, impossible burgers, Subarus and box sets of Crosby, Stills, and Nash's greatest hits are cheap?

1.) Weed is going for about $90 an ounce in a lot of locations. That's like pre-1988 prices when a lid was a hundo & you'd be getting mexican brick.
2.) These aren't real things. People buy these with bitcoin & old Franklin Mint plates.
3.) Steal the record from your grandparents.

But also, these groups are pulling from multiple countries. The number of Germans that flood the MT state capitol every year with pleas to not kill bison, wolves or bears is significant. Those folks throw money at those ngo's because they want to protect the wilderness and wildlife they've lost.

Ultimately, preservationist NGO's have a much larger base to pull from than hunting NGO's, who continue to see large numbers of people leaving the sport. The demographics for smaller sporting non-profits isn't good, and the development side is chasing dollars that don't build the kind of organization you really need to be succesful over the long haul.

1.) I don't disagree with your premise that large liberal funders tend to give more than rank & file donors.
2.) Your comparison between Patagonia and Johnny Morris deserves a spreadsheet with actual numbers comparing the two relative to dollars donated/awarded. You have until tomorrow to produce this document. It should just be a short review of the last 10 years of 990's for each group.
1704907692704.png
1704907856067.png

View attachment 309656
View attachment 309665

1704908031676.png

There's a reason why some people refer to "Whole Foods" as "Whole Paycheck". And it does cost more money to eat "healthy".

Maybe a lot of hunters aren't donating money because we're paying medical bills for our heart attacks and other health issues arising from all the fast food we eat

Being you've ignored every request to share more info... Is it safe to assume you haven't put anything out to the public on your $150k you're looking for?

It's tough to raise money if no one knows you're trying to raise the money buzz.

But you're just looking to complain about hunters, right?
Patience grasshopper...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDavis
Back