Biden Announces Lead Ammo/Lure Ban Across Eight National Wildlife Refuges by 2026

I do not understand how anyone can be ok with this? This is about more than just hunting. It is about the government doing all they can to regulate and limit our 2nd Amendment.

How can anyone still support the side that is constantly trying to remove our most basic of rights…
EPA, Clean Air Clean Water acts were Nixon.

Ban on lead for waterfowl hunting occurred during the Reagan administration.

Conserving our natural resources is a bipartisan issue.

I do not understand how anyone can be ok with this? This is about more than just hunting. It is about the government doing all they can to regulate and limit our 2nd Amendment.

How can anyone still support the side that is constantly trying to remove our most basic of rights…
Lucky for you, tin foil isn't made out of lead.

I shoot mono bullets by choice for penetration. I shoot lead core bullets for the damage they cause on a critter. Both work fine. I made a bad shot on a cow elk with a copper bullet that I don't think a lead bullet would have done the job. Cow jumped out onto a logging road quartering away at roughly sixty yards. Intended point of impact was right side behind the rib cage. As I broke the trigger she took off and I hit her in the right hip, broke the leg, travelled through the paunch, through the chest cavity ,and exited on the point of the left shoulder. How's that for penetration? Any way Im not a fan of the lead ban.

Just like the choice I have now between the two, I cannot stand the government telling me what my options are. SO far its only back east.

I use both copper and lead. Depends on gun and purpose. MY CHOICE
Do you mind the government telling you that you have the option to hunt on government-owned land?

weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

EverytimeI drive past Kennecott copper, I now feel joy in knowing going to lead, saves the environment.

Last edited:
I don't see the lead in fishing thing at all. But the line - the amount of plastic line out there is boggling. I don't know what's effect is on wildlife demographics, but I sure find it being a problem far more often than lead sinkers.
Oh yeah I picked up 4-5 spools of line from someone's rats nest that was tossed into the bushes. It's everywhere it seems, and if I run across the piles of line, I pick it up every time. I only picked up our little area and got half a trash bag full. The heavy fishing area is a mile long, and the lessor areas are an additional 3 miles worth. The trash is staggering, and it all looks the same by the end of the season. I wish LEs cared as much about litter as they do about an extra fish on a stringer. Don't want to upset the tourists $$$

@theat I would consider presenting that information to FWP and ask them if snagging a few fish is really worth it.

Oh yeah I picked up 4-5 spools of line from someone's rats nest that was tossed into the bushes. It's everywhere it seems, and if I run across the piles of line, I pick it up every time. I only picked up our little area and got half a trash bag full. The heavy fishing area is a mile long, and the lessor areas are an additional 3 miles worth. The trash is staggering, and it all looks the same by the end of the season. I wish LEs cared as much about litter as they do about an extra fish on a stringer. Don't want to upset the tourists $$$

@theat I would consider presenting that information to FWP and ask them if snagging a few fish is really worth it.
Yes, and the loose trashed line can be a real problem for wildlife as well as the lead.

I’ve talked to the local fisheries biologist about it over the phone. Sent him a few of those pics. He said that I’m not the first to express concern about it to him or his predecessor. Unfortunately, it isn’t under his authority to make a big change in season structure or method of take. The commission has to approve of any major changes. He didn’t think that the current commission would have the appetite to decrease opportunity. Also thought that there would be major local pushback for closing the snagging season in that area.

I’m going to let him know when I’m headed up there to dive this fall and he said that he might join me with his underwater camera to document it and see if actual pictures/video of what it looks like down there might get some movement on the issue from higher ups. Personally, I have mixed feelings about it as there are always a bunch of families with kids there enjoying it and I don’t want to be a part of taking that away from them, but I feel like anyone that has an iota of giving a crap about the river and the creatures that live in or near it would be disgusted by what is happening under the water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back