Call your Senators! CPW Commission Confirmation Vote - Delayed Again! Now Tues, 12 Mar!

COEngineer

Call or email your senator this weekend and encourage them to vote 'No' on the anti-hunting appointees.

Type your zip code into the Search field on this site and you will get their contact info: https://leg.colorado.gov/FindMyLegislator

https://www.coloradopolitics.com/news/senate-panel-rejects-polis-nominees-to-wildlife-commission/article_bfaf4070-d754-11ee-a284-1b330ab11037.html

There is a ton of info and talking points in this thread and the article linked above: https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/cpw-commission-appointments.318016/

but the bottom line is that Beaulieu has testified at the Capital in favor of banning hunting and somehow claims to not be anti-hunting; she has been appointed to a 'parks' seat on the Commission but has never even bought a parks pass. Skiba claims to be a hunter and supporter of the North American Model, but lead the last ballot box biology that barely passed.

This is our last chance to keep the Commission from being overrun by anti-hunters!

thank you for making this easy to do and clear!

Also this is great time to have your family and friends let the senator know - the more voices the better. A howl and phone call only take a minute or two of your time.

Last edited:
If anyone can guide me through a shared drive I’ve gone through and recorded sound bites of Beaulieu testimony as well as podcast appearances in addition to skiba

Feel free to use them. We are working on getting them to all the senators as well.

Call or email your senator this weekend and encourage them to vote 'No' on the anti-hunting appointees.

Type your zip code into the Search field on this site and you will get their contact info: https://leg.colorado.gov/FindMyLegislator

https://www.coloradopolitics.com/news/senate-panel-rejects-polis-nominees-to-wildlife-commission/article_bfaf4070-d754-11ee-a284-1b330ab11037.html

There is a ton of info and talking points in this thread and the article linked above: https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/cpw-commission-appointments.318016/

but the bottom line is that Beaulieu has testified at the Capital in favor of banning hunting and somehow claims to not be anti-hunting; she has been appointed to a 'parks' seat on the Commission but has never even bought a parks pass. Skiba claims to be a hunter and supporter of the North American Model, but lead the last ballot box biology that barely passed.

This is our last chance to keep the Commission from being overrun by anti-hunters!
NR’s should as well. Drafting up a letter tonight.

I have always been an advocate of writing elected representatives about issues such as this one. My email went in this morning. But the "realist" in me asks, what are the odds we can stop this misuse of power by our governor considering 2/3 of our state senators are democrats? And before someone says it, I realize what the odds are if we sit on our hands and don't even try. I guess I'm just thinking out loud and hoping for some encouragement from you guys.

I have always been an advocate of writing elected representatives about issues such as this one. My email went in this morning. But the "realist" in me asks, what are the odds we can stop this misuse of power by our governor considering 2/3 of our state senators are democrats? And before someone says it, I realize what the odds are if we sit on our hands and don't even try. I guess I'm just thinking out loud and hoping for some encouragement from you guys.
Better than you might think. I'm guessing it will be within 1-2 votes one way or the other for Beaulieu and Skiba.

Thank you so much for writing and your advocacy. You raise an important question and my response personally would be that representative governance, conflict of interest, and abiding by statute are not partisan-Dem/Rep issues. Even the Democratic Party in Colorado is not monolithic, many Senators represent very diverse districts (urban, suburban, and rural). I think this has a fair chance not confirming at least one commissioner. I also don’t believe CPW commissioners is where Gov Polis wants to burn his political capital. And the fact that they got a negative recommendation from the applicable committee gives some of the Dem Senators a bit of top cover.

Absolutely! Send those letters! It's not like we can send too many! Even though I suspect my senator is a non-starter when it comes to anything related to pro-hunting, pro-firearm or proper management of wildlife but I still send him emails (not that I ever get a response either)!

So how does this appointment and approval work? Haven't Beaulieu and Skiba been on the commission since last summer? Does the governor appoint them and then a year later the senate votes to approve or reject them? If that is the case, haven't they been voting their biased agendas without senate approval since they were appointed? Please straighten me out. Thanks.

So how does this appointment and approval work? Haven't Beaulieu and Skiba been on the commission since last summer? Does the governor appoint them and then a year later the senate votes to approve or reject them? If that is the case, haven't they been voting their biased agendas without senate approval since they were appointed? Please straighten me out. Thanks.
Yes to all of this. And if they are not confirmed, the Governor will make new selections that will serve until the 2025 Senate confirmation. Also, the Governor could reappoint the same people that fail confirmation, although I think that's highly unlikely.

Yes to all of this. And if they are not confirmed, the Governor will make new selections that will serve until the 2025 Senate confirmation. Also, the Governor could reappoint the same people that fail confirmation, although I think that's highly unlikely.
That process seems ripe for corruption. The governor could appoint anti-hunters who vote against science-based wildlife management for nearly a year before they get the boot. Why not have the governor make recommendations and then have the senate vote on them before they actually sit on the commission?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back