Caribou Gear Tarp

Ammo Run Again?

I am sure it will cause hysteria for some. For giggles and grins we checked inventory at several places yesterday and many had already sold out. I had been seeing a surplus of .223/5.56 on the floor at most places recently so we will see what this does.

I am going to our local Cabela's today for some other stuff so it will be interesting to see if it has had any effect on their floor stock.

Appease the fringe...just another fiddle tune to make Narcissus feel relevant.;)

yup...there are guys price gouging that stuff online already. I don't see the reason to hoard the rest of the ammo. Prices were finally coming down and some were even pretty good deals.

Attachments

• 11006372_994498233911948_7996455583961806310_n.jpg
    11006372_994498233911948_7996455583961806310_n.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 267
If he bands 5.56 what will be next.

The Executive Order is specific to M855 and reclassifies that surplus ammo as armor-piercing.

It's kind of a silly way to go about influencing gun policy, and it doesn't actually ban anything already out in the market, but it does increase the likelihood of fools and their money being departed by guys who know that people will overreact to anything this president does with guns or ammo.

There is a White House petition going around to ask the ATF to drop this. You can sign them here: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-batfe-banning-xm855-ammunition/XrvVh1cj

You should also write to your congressman and Senators letting them know you oppose this effort.

Why Ben, I do believe you're coming to the light.:D

My views on gun control have been pretty consistent: It ain't the gun, it's the nut behind it that's the problem. While I do support closing the gunshow loophole, I don't believe that bans or further limitations on what weapons are available do much of anything other than assuage the nerves of lipstick liberals & beltway elites.

EO's like this are about showing the base that the President is "doing something" about gun violence. Plinking ammo, which is what XM855 really is, just means that the market will make up the difference elsewhere, like cheap steel cased stuff or American Eagle FMJ.

Either way, it doesn't effect me. I keep trying to like the AR platform, but, much like Quigley and revolvers, I just don't have much use for them.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back