Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

American Sniper

jlmatthew

Another good read is American Sniper. Two thumbs up!

Attachments

• book.jpg
    book.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 715
Awesome book.

It really makes me appreciate that there are true heroes out there. Just like the SEAL that stood toe to toe with Bin Laden and shot him in the head. Unbelievable the emotional sacrifice soldiers make for America.

I really enjoyed it, I bought it on an audio book and hard a hard time stopping it when I had to go do something.

i highly recommend the book, "carlos hathcock marine sniper." its a great story. i believe he had 93 confirmed kills in nam.

American Sniper is a very good book and a really fast read. I had a very hard time putting it down once I started reading it.

"Seal Team 6" is another similar book. Biography of a sniper that was on team 6. Talks about some of the missions that he was on. Another pretty quick read.

Another suggestion, is "Rogue Warrier". It's an autobiography of Richard Marcinko, one of the original SEALs and founder of Seal Team 6. Some pretty crazy stuff in that book and a good read.

Just finished Fearless: The Adam Brown Story. Another excellent book about an inspiring member of Seal Team 6

I don't mean to put a damper on this conversation, but I have to mention this, from the perspective of a military professional.

Special operations is a community of "Quiet Professionals". Most wouldn't write a book if their life depended on it. When the President asked the group of SEALs who were on the Bin Laden raid, "who pulled the trigger on Osama?" they replied, "just assume we all did". Most of those hard men would probably rather be spending time with their families, their brothers in arms, or like us be out hunting or riding their Harley; than meeting the President or getting any publicity.

I don't know Chris Kyle, but I do know that neither the Navy nor DOD have made have made one official comment on Chris' accomplishments. I am certain he has done alot of great things for our country, and I still consider him a brother in arms, but I question the motivations of any service member who decides to write autobiography. Alot of these are exposed within the military community as being embelished to make money. Chris Kyle is dealing with accusations that he lied about punching Jesse Ventura, while publicizing his book.

If you want to read some good books about the efforts of our military try these (IMO the best military history books are written by people that have never served in the military):

No True Glory (Battle of Falluja) by: Bing West
Not a good Day to Die (Operation Anaconda) by: Sean Naylor
War (Korengal Valley, AFG) by: Sebastain Junger
The Only Thing Worth Dying For (Invasion of Afghanistan) By: Eric Blehm

Again, sorry for being the wet blanket.

\
...so far I hafta agree.

I usually don't put a book down that grabs me....have been on this one about 3 weeks and am only a third into it.

I don't mean to put a damper on this conversation, but I have to mention this, from the perspective of a military professional.

Special operations is a community of "Quiet Professionals". Most wouldn't write a book if their life depended on it. When the President asked the group of SEALs who were on the Bin Laden raid, "who pulled the trigger on Osama?" they replied, "just assume we all did". Most of those hard men would probably rather be spending time with their families, their brothers in arms, or like us be out hunting or riding their Harley; than meeting the President or getting any publicity.

I don't know Chris Kyle, but I do know that neither the Navy nor DOD have made have made one official comment on Chris' accomplishments. I am certain he has done alot of great things for our country, and I still consider him a brother in arms, but I question the motivations of any service member who decides to write autobiography. Alot of these are exposed within the military community as being embelished to make money. Chris Kyle is dealing with accusations that he lied about punching Jesse Ventura, while publicizing his book.

If you want to read some good books about the efforts of our military try these (IMO the best military history books are written by people that have never served in the military):

No True Glory (Battle of Falluja) by: Bing West
Not a good Day to Die (Operation Anaconda) by: Sean Naylor
War (Korengal Valley, AFG) by: Sebastain Junger
The Only Thing Worth Dying For (Invasion of Afghanistan) By: Eric Blehm

i thought the same thing, but i still love the book. and the proceeds go to a wounded warrior foundation

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back