Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Africa Help Quick...Please!!!!

guppie9

Hey everyone,

I have been toying around with a trip to Africa, but never really thought my wife would go for it. We went to the outdoor show today and there was a booth for a place out of Namibia. We stopped and they had a really good deal going. My wife now is totally for it. I just want to know if I am getting a deal here or not.

The hunt is a 7 day-3 species hunt (Kudu, Oryx, Red Hartebeest). The price includes everything except airfare. There are also add on animals, of course. The package price is $3500. That is for one hunter (me) and one non-hunter (the wife). The place is 15,000 acres. If I book at the outdoor show today or tomorrow, they will throw in an extra 3 days at the lodge along with photo safari's each of those 3 days to the big national park nearby. If I give them a $500 deposit, it will lock in that price for a summer 2010 hunt.

This seems like a great deal to me, but I have no idea what a hunt like this would be normally.

I know everyone is going to say "JUST GO!!!" I am getting really psyched since I have the wife's approval. I just want to make sure this is really a deal and I'm not getting bent over here.

Thanks in advance!!!

It's a pretty good deal since it is including your wife as a non-hunter. Remember, too, that the dollar is down this year. I paid $4800 for 5 animals, 2 of which were an impala and a warthog, less expensive trophies. I would certainly do it.

On a 7-day hunt, though, you will probably add at least a warthog or two, an impala or springbok, and maybe something else. I'd plan on another $3000 in trophy fees or more....

Guppie, African Hunts Are cheap per animal. Is that a gooddeal ? YAh, it's not bad... Is it a "SMOKING DEAL" that you can't pick up almost any day of the week,,, Nahhh...

Just so you know, I paid at a local Auction (I'd have to go back and look for sure) but I think $1,800 ?!? for 2 hunters and 2 non hunters for 5 days. Included with that was 2 animals a piece for each of the hunters. They were the lesser priced animal but in essence we had 20 days and 4 animals if you broke it out in a lump sum. I've seen that hunt go for as much as $3,500 but never any more. Split $1,800 up in 4 people for 5 days and a couple animals isn't bad either.. even if you need to add in the cost of a couple more to make it similar.

We added extra days in there for a cheap rate. Included is all the satandard stuff. Pick up and drop off from the airport, all meals, lodging, etc.

Going to an Auction, Like we did, can be an inexpensive way of getting a african hunt. But don't discount all the other fees.

Airline $2,200 a piece,(So add$4,500 right away) Tips, Additional animals, dip and Packing of the animals, shipping of the animals.... All I'm saying is you will be in the hunt way more then the origional "FLASH" fee that you see when talking to the outfitter.

All that being said.... Just go :)

Yeah, its funny how $3500 turns into $10,000 pretty quick!!! Still, we are thinking about summer 2010 (this outfitter is booked this year and next). We would actually be going on our 10th wedding anniversary. My wife has always wanted to go to that part of the world (me too), but I didn't think she would be cool with the hunting part. After talking some more about it, I learned that she really doesn't care!!! Especially since she can come along and check things out. So, all things considered, while this may not be a smoking deal, it sounds like it is a reasonable fee.

I guess that means that I am headed down to the outdoor show with my $500 and I get to spend the next 2 years drooling at everyone's Africa pics!!!

I hear the anticipation makes it more exciting!!!

Well, its done!!!! I'm booked for June 12-26, 2010. The trip is 10 days, but they block out 14 to make sure I can get flights when I need them. They also told me that I can do unlimited bird hunts while I am there. This guy is cool. He was a wildlife biologist up here in Alaska for 30 years and now runs the lodge in Africa. Its nice having someone local that knows how things are done up here. I told him how I had several friends on the internet that are going this year. He offered his card/number for anyone that needs it. He said that if you have any trouble in Namibia, you can contact him and he will do what he can. I thought that was rather nice of him. Anyway, his name is Tim Osborne and here is his website:

http://www.kori.iway.na

just think you have two years to save up some funds for the other part of the trip. Take a little money when you get paid and put in a special account and you will have a good chunck of the extra dough needed when the trip comes up. "IF" you can keep from dipping into the "fun money account". Congrats, this is somthing I want to do before I Kick the bucket. LIL

You dun gud by booking!!! With Kudu and Oryx and Red Hartebeest included and two years out (who knows what dollar will be worth then!), I think you got a "smokin" deal !!
You and wife will have a 10th Anniv you will never forget!
You WILL go back!!

You mean Ol' Tim is out of prison already!!!!!!!!! Man, we need stricter laws about what a guy can do with Baboons! Good Luck with the trip. John

I looked at their website - I'd just save and pay extra between now and then to get the $5,000 hunt with the extra animals.... I paid for the entire hunt in advance and then saved money for extra trophy fees. I also used credit card miles to pay for my airfare.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back