• Remington 700

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Ruger 77

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Thompson Center Venture II

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can buy 300 win mag ammo practically any place ammo is sold in the world.
It is probably the best choice for all around big game rifle at hunting distances out to 600yrds. If you can shoot it well.
Not a best choice for people that don't handle recoil well or want a super light carry rifle.
It has served me well for many hunts.

The 6.5 PRC is worth a hard look if a guy wants the light mountain rifle that can handle an occasional elk or two, but mostly hunts deer.
I certainly plan to own one soon.

I had a Remington 700 LSS in 300 WM that I traded off for something better - the same thing in 300 RUM. That was well before I had heard how well 215 Bergers perform in the 300 WM. In hindsight, I should have kept the WM and bought the RUM outright.

If I were to get another 300 WM, I would make sure that the mag box was long enough to accept the 3.6” Berger 215 gr factory round. The Remington 700 will.

Hey everyone, looking for a new mountain rifle. I’m looking for a 300 win mag and am considering a 300 PRC as well, but more leaning on the 300 win mag bullet. I currently have a savage 110 in 270 high country edition and love it. I am highly considering getting this edition in 300 win mag as well. Before I do that, I am just looking like any good consumer would. Reliability is #1 and features that go along with that like threaded barrel, protective coating(s), ease of use and breakdown, construction quality, and customers service are all considerations. Plus, I like American made 😉👍🏻 Again, trying to get a great rifle for the price matching features. There should be a ton of conversation about this topic. Thanks to everyone for their input.

What is the difference between a 300 win mag bullet and a 300PRC bullet? So who picked out your wife for you?

What is the difference between a 300 win mag bullet and a 300PRC bullet? So who picked out your wife for you?
And as usual, here’s the guy that bring nothing but sarcasm to the forum for the occasional aggravation. Thanks for adding nothing to this thread. Do you shoot 300 win mag or 300 PRC because it doesn’t show in your response other than that you know how to ask an arrogant question...??? Maybe your spam.?.? Or a troll bot.?.?.? Next time you respond, try to add some value to the conversation rather than saying stupid question responses. I’m sure you must have these type of responses with your buddies where your from because none of them would oust you for asking sarcastic questions to a conversation that real people who wanted advice for something that this forum is made for, HUNTERS. #noaddedvalue #troller
Next time you respond to a thread, think before you speak. All I wanted was some advise about hunters that knew about rifles, 300 win mag, and 300 PRC. You provided no value to this conversation. Thanks!

Stop looking at production guns.

By the time you get then blue printed etc, you’ve gone well past the realm of some low end custom guns that will really do much better cost wise.

Back