Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Accuracy and precision, a silly question that's driving me crazy

Accuracy and precision are both important. BUT an imprecise gun that shoots accurately can be more lethal than a precision rifle that's not accurate. Example: A gun that shoots 2 MOA but hits the target accurately around the bullseye every time. As opposed to a 1/2 MOA gun that has only been bore sighted and hits 4 inches low and 6 inches right.

As a land surveyor, I can understand your frustration with the twisting of the words ‘accurate’ and ‘precise’ as they do have different meanings, but as long as there are a million people that think they’ve purchased a survey grade boundary map of every parcel in every western state from OnX for $100, that they’ll use to the gnat’s ass with their multi meter accurate phone, there are bigger fish to fry 😆

Breathe....In through the nose...out through the mouth. In through the nose...out through the mouth.In through the nose...out through the mouth.

There. Now, go buy a .308, a Leupold VX5 2-10, and a pile of ammo. Then shoot, shoot, shoot. You'll figure the difference be accurate and precise soon enough. :D

As a land surveyor, I can understand your frustration with the twisting of the words ‘accurate’ and ‘precise’ as they do have different meanings, but as long as there are a million people that think they’ve purchased a survey grade boundary map of every parcel in every western state from OnX for $100, that they’ll use to the gnat’s ass with their multi meter accurate phone, there are bigger fish to fry 😆

MTGomer:

You get the gold star for a very accurate post!!

ClearCreek

When dealing with "accuracy" and "precision", there are more important considerations than semantics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back