Caribou Gear Tarp

Bergara called me a pansy - Any ABQ area 300WM Shooters to prove it?

There's a precision gunsmith just a few miles south of me; Gordy Gritters in Edgewater, FL. This guy is a high end machinist. Look him up on Google. It may be worth to send it to him.Send him the rifle and scope as is. DON'T DISASSEMBLE IT.

Bergara has a very good reputation on their barrels and accuracy. One other thought is to see if the scope rings are tight up against the front bell of the scope or the rear eye piece. As I understand it, the can do some weird shit to the groups. You could put $10,000 scope on that rifle, and if it's not mounted properly, that may be the reason. I'm not big on brakes. I believe that they change barrel harmonics. I, personally, would never buy a rifle with a brake on it.

How much do you want to invest in this? You can't sell it to somebody else without disclosing all the trouble you've had!

Personally I think there are just rifles that shoot good, and some that dont. Spin the roulette wheel and hope you dont land on the wrong end. . In tikka it might be 1 in 2000 in Bergara might be 1-1500 who knows . One thing though, it always seems like magnums dont shoot vs 243s or 223s.
I'll give you $100 for that Tikka that won't shoot :sneaky:

Thanks, but I've already started working with a gunsmith here that specializes in Rem 700 accurizing. He looked at the rifle and couldn't get a slug through the barrel - too tight near the chamber. Throat looks like it's had 1500 rounds through it (actually 277 single fed shooting for groups with slow barrel break-in).

So spin a new Remington take-off barrel onto it and confirm if the barrel is bad.

I quit throwing good money after bad and sent it down the road once I confirmed the gunsmith fixed the issue with a reamer.

I'm building off Tikka actions now. So much nicer and I love that the bolt locks with the safety.

I quit throwing good money after bad and sent it down the road once I confirmed the gunsmith fixed the issue with a reamer.

I'm building off Tikka actions now. So much nicer and I love that the bolt locks with the safety.
Out of curiosity, what ammunition did your Tikka superlite like most?

Out of curiosity, what ammunition did your Tikka superlite like most?
It didn't seem to like the weird DRT ammo Bergara proofs with, but shot good with Hornady 180gr SST and Barnes VOR-TX 180gr. Only two decent cartridges I fed it before shutting down my experiment and rebarrelling it as a 7PRC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back