A Yukon Delta Moose Hunt

Good job! I never shot a moose with any fat on it. Talked to my old timer native roommate in Alaska about that and he said it's not unusual for them to have no fat.

Edit: Teddy did say that caribou are almost always fat. Anyone care to comment? Given that caribou are pretty much on the run all the time, it is difficult to believe they'd be standing still long enough to get fat.

Last edited:
Congrats on two beautiful bulls. Epic story and pictures, I felt like I was there. Thanks for sharing

Moose are my last big “Bucket List” animal and you knocked it out of the park with a dream hunt! Such a big congratulations are in order. Wonderful story and pics!!

Awesome job and beautiful moose. Probably the best meat I've ever had. I am almost out of it in the freezer now. Until you have packed one you have no idea how big these things are. Your FIL's being a mile from the boat hurts bad when I think about packing that out.

Very nice bull and great adventure. We used Papa Bear in 2019 for float trip on Goodnews River. We liked them. They helped us out of a weather induced situation. We are thinking about another fishing adventure through them again in the near future.

Thanks for taking the time to share your story and success, congratulations!

Back