Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

A Yukon Delta Moose Hunt

Man what an amazing adventure. Moose is on my bucket list and definitely on my dads. Gonna have to look into it. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

What a great story and it brings back a lot of memories. I've flown in those two Beavers and maybe even used the same tent. We got our two moose also. Looks like your trip was just as much fun. Flying over the delta was as amazing as actually shooting a bull. It is awe-inspiring country.

What a great story and it brings back a lot of memories. I've flown in those two Beavers and maybe even used the same tent. We got our two moose also. Looks like your trip was just as much fun. Flying over the delta was as amazing as actually shooting a bull. It is awe-inspiring country.
Let me know when you want to head back there BrentD!

Awesome hunt, after my moose last year I am already trying to figure out a way to hunt another one once the meat runs out. By far it is my favorite table fair that I have tasted.

Top read for me in a while. Thanks a ton for sharing the story in such a detailed way. Great job and congrats on the success!

Great trip and write up!

HT can sure be a tough crowd. I do not know how I missed this thread.

Building the warchest for this hunt for sure! I'd have to bring at least of my sons to sherpa.

I'm really OCD about these things and have to go back to SEAK to punch that Sitka BT tag first.

Thanks for the info on meat shipping logistics, too. This really gnawed on me during my on POW this summer. That adds a whole new dimension to DIY.
I ate the tag so never learned that part.

Dang, bummed that I have been away from Hunt Talk for so much the last two months and I missed this one when it was first posted.

Great hunt and great storytelling @MTGomer. Very happy for you and your FIL. Looks like great adventure and a well-earned pair of bulls. Even close to water, an Alaska moose is more than a guy wants to handle. Hope your hips have recovered.

Thanks for sharing here. Congratulations.

Dang, bummed that I have been away from Hunt Talk for so much the last two months and I missed this one when it was first posted.

Great hunt and great storytelling @MTGomer. Very happy for you and your FIL. Looks like great adventure and a well-earned pair of bulls. Even close to water, an Alaska moose is more than a guy wants to handle. Hope your hips have recovered.

Thanks for sharing here. Congratulations.
Thanks Randy.

It was a good trip. The hips are all mended up.

@MTGomer Did you buy a set of the caribou moose bags or just a couple of big ones for the Hinds? I'm assuming the fronts will fit in elk size bags?

Papa Bear Adventures just posted a link on their Facebook to this years’ moose. A couple real giants on there. Almost makes me feel like my hips might be recovered.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back