A proud Roosevelt bull!

Thanks again for the inspirations guys. Sometimes that is enough to keep the tired legs moving...

Disclaimer: I've never hunted roosevelt, but I've hunted call shy bulls. Try this: Don't call at all. Try getting in his bedroom and then pick up a stick and start rubbing a tree. I've had a couple big bulls come in and take a look.

Good luck!

Excellent idea! I saw your post and tried it a bit tonight but will try again once I have slipped back down into his bedroom. I think your right on the money with that plan. I doubt any vocalization will lead to that old bulls demise.

Lush spot Joe....burn?

It all burned in the 30's I believe but hasn't since those trees were planted. Just coastal rainforest. 100+ inches of rain a year will make stuff green.

If there are other hunters in there and the bull is in there still, and you have been seeing him..... GET OUT THERE AND HUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Good luck, should be a fun season for you, nonetheless!!

I am on it! ;) I have 17 more days off before the season ends and nothing else but a bear to kill. :cool:

The entire bench is covered in rubs like this. Normal bulls don't pick on trees like that.
IMG_4391.jpg

Best of luck on the bull, looks like you have his bedroom worked out...seems a very nice trophy to try to punch an arrow through. Keep at him, you won't kill him at home!

Sorry to Hijack this thread, but has to share this Rosey. Friend of mine and his Cousin(pictured) with the Rosey the got yesterday in the Siletz.

Inspiration I hope, as it can be done! Good luck!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG956228.jpg
    IMG956228.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 189
Decided to pull that camera tonight after numerous attempts hunting the area with no success. I was sitting looking at pictures of a blue jay on the limb in front of the camera when I hear a limb pop then another. Next thing is black elk legs under tree limbs at 20 yards. Out stepped a cow! :rolleyes: Then her calf and another cow who decides to feed right there for 10 minutes. Finally as I am loosing light to shoot I hear more limbs cracking and what sounds like antlers on tree limbs. It could be him or easily one of the other bulls in the area......at 15 yards away with the wind consistently in my face he bolts back toward the canyon. Game over! The fact that he sensed something makes me think it was him but I will never know. So close.....

Still have one cam in the area and will hunt it again in a day or two. More fish to fry at this point though. Standards are lowering as the freezer gets empty.

Back