A little region F help

hntnnut

I know I'm new to the forum but am not new to other forums and am a little bit embarrassed to ask for help but here it goes. A friend talked me into applying for region F with him this year. I applied sight unseen and hadn't done any research as he said he had family that hunted there in the past. Come to find out they hunt sunlight basin in I believe unit 106. I've been pouring over maps, google ect... trying to familarize myself with the region, I just can't seem to find much on it. Mainly what I'm looking for are areas to camp that are wall tent friendly. and I take it the nearest services will be in Cody. Short of the museum is there anything else my wife and I should check out while were up there?
lastly if there are any other tid bits of imformation anyone would be willing to share either here or through PM I would be more than grateful.

Best Regards,
Richard

Are you planning on exclusively hunting the sunlight basin? If so watch out for grizzly bears and make sure that you're aware of the regulations the forest service has because of that. We hunted that area before and didn't see a lot of deer but the ones saw were nice just never worked out to get a shot. Also that area is very weather dependent.

Are you planning on exclusively hunting the sunlight basin? If so watch out for grizzly bears and make sure that you're aware of the regulations the forest service has because of that. We hunted that area before and didn't see a lot of deer but the ones saw were nice just never worked out to get a shot. Also that area is very weather dependent.

thanks for the insight. As far as hunting sunlight exclusively, probably not and am open to sugestions I'm thinking it might be prudent to camp lower since I also have a leftover cow elk tag for for unit 58 south of cody.

Richard

sunlight basin is FULL of bears and has wolves. It is where a lot of problem bears get dumped also. I have relatives who lived there and worked there, thats how I know.

thanks for the insight. As far as hunting sunlight exclusively, probably not and am open to sugestions I'm thinking it might be prudent to camp lower since I also have a leftover cow elk tag for for unit 58 south of cody.

Richard
The north fork near cody can have some decent bucks but it's tricky navigating the private and wilderness. As far as the cows go my experience has been there's either more than you can deal with or none to be seen. I'll be in the area at the end of the month with a region x deer tag, I was on the wrong side of 50% draw odds for region F this year, hopefully I can make something happen. Good luck out there!

Thank you everyone for the replies and suggestions you've been very helpful. Best of luck to all this season.

Richard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back