Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

9 years in the waiting, I got my Az tag!

azfisherman

Well, I waited thru 9 rejections and finally got my archery tag for my home state in Arizona. Some how I got a unit I was very familar with but not one thought of as a premium unit, Unit 4B. Don't know what I was thinking when I put in for this unit but I was excited,none the less. Well a lot happened this year, I lost my job of 19 yrs,one month before the hunt, had to sell most everything important to me and would eventually move to Colorado. But not before my elk hunt!!!!! It took 8 days of the 14 day hunt for me to bag my first Arizona archery bull. Its not the biggest bull in Arizona, but as I said you don't expect that in this unit. My wife had just spent 7 days with me and had to return to work. She made the 3 1/2 hr drive back with a phone call from me at 6:45pm that I just watched my 7 x 7 elk hit the ground. I had simply stalked this bull and several others previously, with them doing all the calling and me, not making any calls at all. Two blown stalks and one good one in less than 24 hrs. Thats how fast things can change if you stick with it. It was a no moon night and I had 20 minutes or less to gut the elk and try to let him cool so I could return in the am to finish him. Somehow I got it done , gps'd the spot and walked out to my atv. It was a pitch black night with no moon, what a walk when the flashlight quit half way back. It was a long night with my wife showing up at almost midnight and we getting back to the elk at first light , before the heat started again. I now miss Arizona, as it is much different then most states, I miss the couse hunt I can't go on , as I have now moved. But I have a good memory of working hard, sticking with it, changing up the plan that wasn't working, and finding a way to be successful for my biggest elk to date. Sorry about the pictures but I was too late in the pm to take pictures and get done before dark.Viewer discretion advised.

Attachments

• 116 (800x600) (800x600).jpg
    116 (800x600) (800x600).jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 643
  • 117 (800x600).jpg
    117 (800x600).jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 631
  • 114 (800x600).jpg
    114 (800x600).jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 645
Nothing wrong with that bull in my humble opinion. Way to keep positive in the face of everything else!

Congratulations on a great bull. Glad to see that piece of good luck come your way.

When you have to change course you might as well hit the ground running. You just did. Congrats on a great bull and best of luck.

Awesome bull! Can't believe you didn't save the cape. Congrats!

Nice Job ! I feel your pain. This yr, I lost my job of 19 yrs also. Gonna have to pinch & save every penny for a awhile to do some hunting & fishing. Hang in there !

Nice bull, congrats. I doubt you will miss Arizona too much here shortly, as you are now in a state where you get a chance to kill lots of critters each year OTC.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back