4380 yards - long range shot WOW

There are some Montana boys working to do the 4000 yard plus thing. Only they want reliable, consistent hits at 2 MOA or less. Long ways. mtmuley

Can someone please explain the need to shoot that distance. What happened to stalking within 100-200 yards before making the shot. Guess i was just raised different.

Can someone please explain the need to shoot that distance. What happened to stalking within 100-200 yards before making the shot. Guess i was just raised different.
First, I doubt it's being done for hunting purposes. Second, the difficulty of that kind of shot is off the charts. Everybody has a passion. mtmuley

I don't think they are talking about hunting here, just having some fun seeing what is possible and if it can be done. I like shooting at a steel plate way out there, but I would never shoot at an unwounded animal 600 yards away or further. I believe they are just having fun. Nothing wrong with enjoying yourself!

Hey now, i do believe in having fun and the skill to make a shot like would be great. But how much scope would one need just to see that distance?

Hey now, i do believe in having fun and the skill to make a shot like would be great. But how much scope would one need just to see that distance?
Considering folks shoot at 1000yds in competition with iron sights, probably not as much as one would think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back