Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

338 rcm

fballfan, thanks for the information and good luck on that bear hunt. 1 pointer, i feel the same way about the RCM rifle, its definately calling my name

+1 for the .338 RCM! In 2008 when the RCM's came out people were saying they wouldn't be around in 10 years. Well they are still here, and you can find them on just about every gun site, and you can find the ammunition on just about every gun site too. They sell the special powders now too, but from what I understand many reloaders are staying with normal powders to equal the .338-06 instead of the special powders to equal the .338 winmag.

I have never understood the disappearing caliber fear. I have a SS .338 RCM Hawkeye with a "22 inch barrel, and I just love it! I will die owning this rifle! I bought 12 boxes of Hornady .225 SST's, and they are awesome! I am buying 3 more to have an even 300 rounds. I use this rifle for hunting, and I shoot it 6 or 7 times a year, and I may have to reload it in 40 years if I don't by 10 more boxes by then.

Nothing against the .338 federal, but it is a .338-08, and I will stick with the .338-06 version! The .338 RCM will make +400 yard shots with ease! Ruger, and Hornady put some thought into the RCM's! They replicate some great previous calibers: .300 h&h magnum, and the .338-06. The .375 Ruger best the .375 H&h magnum, and the .416 Ruger equals the mighty .416 Taylor. The RCM's create magnum performance in .308 Winchester size cartridges with minimal recoil, and not to mention the performance when hunting!

I haven't heard anything, but positive feedback from owners of these Ruger calibers about performance! In my opinion these calibers are the most interesting, and brilliant thing I have seen in a very long time, and they were created by two highly respected company's in the sporting fields community!

I have considered this round and .325WSM. I just keep telling myself that .338 Win Mag is a better choice because of available ammo and reloading components. I have a .300 WSM and brass can be difficult to find at times and when you do find it it is pricey.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back