MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

300 prc for baited bear

Why waste meat with more gun when it is where you put the projectile?
When hunting bear over bait shots are usually close and all that is needed is a 170 grain Core-Lokt out of a 30-30 put through both lungs.

Having to shoot multiple times wastes meat though, and ammo too. And a good pair of pants if that bear charges you

I don't hunt over bait spot and stalk for me but, mine was a 80 yard shot with a 300win not to bad of a exit wound but the taxidermist did a great job. Still got the fingers crossed for that spot and stock bow kill.

The old joke about best guns for bear hunting. Any gun with no front sight? So when you make a bad shot and make the bear mad, it doesn't hurt so bad when the bear takes the gun and shoves it up your @$$

I don't hunt over bait spot and stalk for me but, mine was a 80 yard shot with a 300win not to bad of a exit wound but the taxidermist did a great job. Still got the fingers crossed for that spot and stock bow kill.
All depends on bullet construction...

I wouldn't say a .300 PRC is overgunned for black bear, but, I've shot two black bears with my pistols. Both were spot and stalk, less than 30 yards, and both were just about DRT shots. One with my .45 acp 1911 with a 220 gr hard cast lead bullet, and the other with my Ruger .44 mag with a 250 gr hard cast lead bullet.

I wouldn't say a .300 PRC is overgunned for black bear, but, I've shot two black bears with my pistols. Both were spot and stalk, less than 30 yards, and both were just about DRT shots. One with my .45 acp 1911 with a 220 gr hard cast lead bullet, and the other with my Ruger .44 mag with a 250 gr hard cast lead bullet.
Awesome - would love to get one with a 1911

Awesome - would love to get one with a 1911
I was a lilttle younger then...
vTYJrX3l.jpg

Never rifle hunted over bait, but if I had to, I’d grab my 300 SAUM w/200 NP or the 325 wsm w/200 NP.
Big chunks of lead moving at 2,700 and 2,900 respectively.
BTW, I bow hunt over bait.

I shot mine last year with a .308 at 80 yards. He ran straight up the tree 20’ and fell dead where I shot him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back