Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

2nd Shot Bobcat

Double Naught Spy

Well into the second night in a row of hunting at TBR in north Texas, waiting for one of several boars that were showing up on camera, this little bobcat appeared at the treeline just north of my stand.

It was a beautiful evening with great weather, unseasonably warm temps, low humidity, and plenty of animal activity.

I could not get her attention well enough with lipsqueaking to turn her around and she started to walk off. At one point, I thought she might turn around, but no luck. I opted for a Texas heart shot with the idea that the 6.5 Grendel would easily pass all the way down the body and I managed to push the shot and missed the cat at 75 yards. No impact = No penetration.

The cat was obviously startled by the shot and launched itself into low earth orbit. After returning to earth, she was finally in a nice broadside position and standing still. She was immediately dropped with a followup shot that entered the side of her neck and tore out a goodly amount of tissue and exited the other side.

She was over 15 lbs, but I did not put her on the scale for an exact weight.

The landowner is happy because this helps with his wildlife management plan.

video: http://youtu.be/DvGRBNia9L4

142015Jan28BobcatFemaleCropreduced_1.jpg

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back