270 long range accubonds

belly-deep is right. The original Accubond is a great bullet, and I too have used it and it only for a long time. The 210 ALRs get a go this year because I have them and am curious. I plan on a Breaks muley hunt, so ranges might stretch. I do plan on having a box of my 200 grain Accubond handloads along for the ride though. mtmuley

Have just about given up on taking any 190's to Colorado. Guess I'll settle for the 180 AB's.

69 gr Superformance, WLRM, 2.874 OAL, 3034 MV
2" High @100 Yards

NHY, I would be very careful with superformance and changing temps. I shot some, got some great loads in march with warmer 50 degree temps. By June 70 degree temps were blowing primer pockets. My experience is that it has some temp sensitivity.

NHY, I would be very careful with superformance and changing temps. I shot some, got some great loads in march with warmer 50 degree temps. By June 70 degree temps were blowing primer pockets. My experience is that it has some temp sensitivity.

Thanks for the tip...was getting some ridging at 87 degrees. Will certainly do some checking.

I bought a cpl hundred of the 175 7mm's. Loaded up 3 for grins and they shot just under .600 at 200 yards. Berger 180's are 3/4 at 200 with same powder and both .015 off the lands. Went down and bought another box ��

I bought a cpl hundred of the 175 7mm's. Loaded up 3 for grins and they shot just under .600 at 200 yards. Berger 180's are 3/4 at 200 with same powder and both .015 off the lands. Went down and bought another box ��

Have you had a chance to shoot them at longer distances and compare the advertised BC to the actual drop? I'm really curious if the BC's are correct or slightly exaggerated. They almost seem too good to be true.

FWIW, the limited reports I've read (other sites) from those that have tested them to over 500yds shows the BCs running quite close to advertised. I'm thinking I'll be trying to get some to shoot in my 300 WSM...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back