NEW SITKA Ambient 75

270 long range accubonds

St52v

I found a box of the new long range accubonds the other day for my brother. He has been looking for months for these. He will by trying them in his savage 270 wsm model 116. If you are interested I will let you know how they do. I found them in a small shop in PA.

they literally just got released within the last couple weeks for Nosler. I feel sorry that your brother had been chasing snipe for a few months :) Glad you found them though.

I am very curious to hear how they perform though.

I personally am very happy with the new Barnes LRX line of bullets. I hope they keep releasing new ones! I am interested in how the Accubonds shoot compared to their BC's though.

I'm beginning to think they don't exist.;)

I'm with NHY about these mythical creatures. I ask and look in every shop I go into and have orders and notification requests with several retailers. I'm definitely interested in what kind of performance you see from them.
bigfoot_wALR.jpg
So far this is the best evidence I've gotten that they exist, unfortunately there's enough camera blur that I'm still not sure they're really the Long Range Accubonds.

Last edited:
I'm with NHY about these mythical creatures. I ask and look in every shop I go into and have orders and notification requests with several retailers. I'm definitely interested in what kind of performance you see from them.
View attachment 36111
So far this is the best evidence I've gotten that they exist, unfortunately there's enough camera blur that I'm still not sure they're really the Long Range Accubonds.

Sasquatch has my 190's?:D

The only ones that have been released so far are the 30 cal 210's and the 270cal 150's. The rest should be coming soon.

That's what I want those .30's at 210 will be awesome in my bee can't find them anywhere and no one has a expected date that is near. I seen the 150 in .270's yesterday but never seen any others actually in stock.

I just found a box of 150 gr in .277 this weekend in OR. Only box on the shelf and only LR accubonds on the shelf.

Hint: If you want to find bullets/powder and are having a hard time, look around Portland and its suburbs. The outdoor stores or any stores that carry ammo have selections.
Happened to pick up RL19 and IMR 4350, which I couldn't find in SW Idaho

I'd bet good money that the b.c.'s don't hold up on the 270 cal 150's, will hopefully have some data soon, a partner bought 4 boxes.

I'm skeptical as well but even if they are exaggerated by 10-20% they will still be close to the best, if not the best on the market, in regards to their specs. It will take a couple seasons for people to really see the terminal ballistic performance though.

That's what I want those .30's at 210 will be awesome in my bee can't find them anywhere and no one has a expected date that is near. I seen the 150 in .270's yesterday but never seen any others actually in stock.

I'm thinkin' the 210's would be the bee's knees in 300 and 30-378 Wby, or 300 RUM.

Biggest vaporware new product release of 2013. I would venture to guess you will not see any of these readily available anytime in 2013.

Not sure you can call out any manufacturer for not getting oddball bullets to market with the events that have happened this year. Hornady just announced that they are suspending production of a hundred something different bullets and loaded ammo items. I guarantee that every maker of reloading and firearm related products is running at max volume to get caught up right now. I have the 308 210 LRAB on my wishlist at a couple different online retailers and they have shown up for sale a couple times.

You have to want them bad. Constant checking anytime you are near a computer helps. Don't count on alerts. I got my 210 ALRs over a month ago. If a retailer has them, buy them on the spot. BCs have proven a little low, but most guys agree the numbers are close to or better than Bergers of the same weight. (there's a good test over at LRH) I'll take a bonded bullet over a Berger for hunting any day. And my RUM loves 190 grain Berger VLDs. mtmuley

Long Range Accubonds

.270 / 150 - 7mm / 150 & 168 - all the .30's so far but they go FAST

started working loads for 2 270 WSM's, a factory T3 and a custom barrel - the extremely long bearing surface makes for interesting velocity differences from gun to gun but so far accuracy appears to be outstanding - I'm bracing for all the "they blow up" and "the B.C.'s aren't accurate" and all the rest of "it" ...... I've got 2 boxes or 7mm/150 sitting at the pro-shop but I can't get over there to get them, OH WELL, the "7" shoots those Etips so well I'm not worrying

Have just about given up on taking any 190's to Colorado. Guess I'll settle for the 180 AB's.

69 gr Superformance, WLRM, 2.874 OAL, 3034 MV
2" High @100 Yards

Have just about given up on taking any 190's to Colorado. Guess I'll settle for the 180 AB's.

69 gr Superformance, WLRM, 2.874 OAL, 3034 MV
2" High @100 Yards

There is sure as hell nothing wrong with the originals. I've used them to take a majority of my critters from antelope to elk.

In fact, I'd wager that most of the critter's shot this fall with the LRAs won't be far enough away from the muzzle for it make a bit of difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back